Comedic referances that should be made in Lugaru: Overgrowth

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
Chainsaw man

Comedic referances that should be made in Lugaru: Overgrowth

Post by Chainsaw man » Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:00 am

This is a comedic thred about what the players think should be humorus referances in Lugaru: Overgrowth.

Here is a list of some I though of:

Chainsaws (yes, I had to make a chainsaw referance, nothing like a slasher, or horror violence to get a vote with me)
Small bowel overgrowth syndrome (A Referance to Jeffs statement on L:OG on Wiki)
NPCs that are referance to some of the Forum Memebers (Cause its great to be recognized as fans)

Implementation:

Chainsaw: A super powerful hidden weapon obtained though a unlockable quest.

Small bowel overgrowth syndrome: While going though some lybrary of some kind Turner finds a scroll or something on this topic. He is in reality after another scroll. When he gose to hand this in, the Quest giver tell him thats the wrong scroll in some funny dialog and obtaines the right one from him.

NPC Referances: Ok, I will speak for myself on this one, I dont want to be acused of laying flame bait or being a jerk or what ever. An NPC that hires Turner to kill off an evil cult. The NPCs speach is very stronge and full of funny sounding words, makes a few profound statments that make very little sence.

What do you think?
have you got any others?

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Re: Comedic referances that should be made in Lugaru: Overgrowth

Post by Renegade_Turner » Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:04 am

I think the NPC's named after forum members or Overgrowth team members would actually be a good idea. If it were to happen it should only be noteworthy people though, like Jendraz or Silb. People who have made an actual solid contribution to the community.

Me or you could never be candidates because all we do is write dumb posts.

invertin

Post by invertin » Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:17 am

Can I be a candidate because I used to contribute a little bit?

Nah. It was worth a shot.

Maybe turner or another character say "stronge" at some point, then we can just pass it off as a typo.

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:37 am

I think this means I'll have to contribute a few things to the community. well really only if they were going to do that.

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:02 pm

There absolutely has be a character named Silb in there.

Viking Zippy
Wooter

Post by Viking Zippy » Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:47 pm

Naming NPC's after contributing members of the community is indeed an excellent idea ... but would it conflict with these people when they actually wanted to play? :?

Jendraz

Post by Jendraz » Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:31 pm

Renegade_Turner wrote:If it were to happen it should only be noteworthy people though, like Jendraz or Silb.
You flatter me. If there was an NPC with my name I think I would cry with joy.

Jeff
Evil Twin

Post by Jeff » Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:36 pm

Haha that is a great idea!

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:39 pm

Viking Zippy wrote:... but would it conflict with these people when they actually wanted to play? :?
What like...you're supposed to kill a guy in the game but he has your name so you have conflicting emotions about whether or not to kill him and then you die yourself? :lol:

Ozymandias

Post by Ozymandias » Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:29 pm

If I understand correctly there's going to be towns in the game... so maybe some of the forums member's names could show up on some of the townspeople (I.E. forum members who pre-ordered would have a civilian NPC named after them...)
Vikingz lolol wrote:Naming NPC's after contributing members of the community is indeed an excellent idea ... but would it conflict with these people when they actually wanted to play?
That's true... if you were in Online co-op and you come across an NPC with the same name as your guy that would be odd.

Another option is to just have references, such as maybe somewhere out in the desert portion of the world there's a ruined statue in the middle of nowhere with an engraving "My name is Ozymandias, king of kings. Look upon my works, ye mighty, and despair!" (However, that might not be taken as a forum member reference as it would be taken as a Percy Shelley reference...) Something that would work better, perhaps, would be a hidden book somewhere, like a journal maybe, and it makes references...

Chainsaw man

Post by Chainsaw man » Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:54 am

Renegade_Turner wrote:I think the NPC's named after forum members or Overgrowth team members would actually be a good idea. If it were to happen it should only be noteworthy people though, like Jendraz or Silb. People who have made an actual solid contribution to the community.

Me or you could never be candidates because all we do is write dumb posts.
Well actualy I did make a chainsaw mod with a few levels in challange, but it never really lifted off.
I also (with a team effort with BunnyWithStick and Invertin) made a very strong RP/Fanfic that I hope gave some inspiration to the team (I still want to continue that story)
Ozymandias wrote:If I understand correctly there's going to be towns in the game... so maybe some of the forums member's names could show up on some of the townspeople (I.E. forum members who pre-ordered would have a civilian NPC named after them...)

Another option is to just have references, such as maybe somewhere out in the desert portion of the world there's a ruined statue in the middle of nowhere with an engraving "My name is Ozymandias, king of kings. Look upon my works, ye mighty, and despair!" (However, that might not be taken as a forum member reference as it would be taken as a Percy Shelley reference...) Something that would work better, perhaps, would be a hidden book somewhere, like a journal maybe, and it makes references...
Lugaru Temple I never quite followed the story to but loved the desinge of the levels, but what if the Storys of the alternative campains were implemented as Hystory/Arcive/fiction/Biblical documents?
Considering Temple was on what looked like another island, there could be some referances to imply is existance as an obscured ancent island. Im also sure Silb implemented a charictor named Silb into his campain too (conferm this please).

If there are Universitys/places of higher learning There should be a referance to Bunny and Ren debating/arguing for laughs sakes.

marmorek

Post by marmorek » Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:30 am

Ozymandias wrote:Another option is to just have references, such as maybe somewhere out in the desert portion of the world there's a ruined statue in the middle of nowhere with an engraving "My name is Ozymandias, king of kings. Look upon my works, ye mighty, and despair!" (However, that might not be taken as a forum member reference as it would be taken as a Percy Shelley reference...)
Or a Watchmen reference!

Ltp0wer

Post by Ltp0wer » Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:14 am

Maybe they could add an NPC that's speech text is purple and bold because he wants to be different from all the other animals because he thinks he is special or something.

Jendraz

Post by Jendraz » Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:16 am

Ltp0wer wrote:Maybe they could add an NPC that's speech text is purple and bold because he wants to be different from all the other animals because he thinks he is special or something.
Or blue and bold. ;)

Ltp0wer

Post by Ltp0wer » Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:19 am

Jendraz wrote:
Ltp0wer wrote:Maybe they could add an NPC that's speech text is purple and bold because he wants to be different from all the other animals because he thinks he is special or something.
Or blue and bold. ;)
What are you talking about?