Overgrowth Poses

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
TretiyRebenok

Overgrowth Poses

Post by TretiyRebenok » Fri May 12, 2017 7:22 pm

Hi! I recently bought overgrowth after following you for about 2 years now. Im loving everything about it! but one thing still sways my mind.
How do you pose characters outside the dialogue editor?
I'm making this level about hidden rat scouts in the bushes. makes things more immersive when they crouch while hiding.
All replies, including useless sarcastic ones are welcome.
Thank you for wasting your time reading my request for help.

-Third Child

merlyn

Re: Overgrowth Poses

Post by merlyn » Sat May 13, 2017 3:45 pm

TretiyRebenok wrote:Hi! I recently bought overgrowth after following you for about 2 years now. Im loving everything about it! but one thing still sways my mind.
How do you pose characters outside the dialogue editor?
I'm making this level about hidden rat scouts in the bushes. makes things more immersive when they crouch while hiding.
All replies, including useless sarcastic ones are welcome.
Thank you for wasting your time reading my request for help.

-Third Child
You can use a path point, and use Sit, Stand, Sleep, Wounded (and Wounded may have been a recent edition that isn't out in Beta 3 yet). Then select the character, and alt+click on the path point, so they make it their target. Set the duration to something greater than zero. You don't need to connect the path point to anything else, and then the NPC will stay in that pose.

There may be other ways to pose characters, but I don't know them off the top of my head. You also would need to make those poses in Blender if you wanted arbitrary ones.