overgrowth, mods, ideas, art, ANYTHING!

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
c_y@

Re: overgrowth, mods, ideas, art, ANYTHING!

Post by c_y@ » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:18 pm

Darwinian wrote:i desire limb hacking, bone breaking, and maybe even some disembowelment (for example if you get a good gut slash the intestines could spill out)
wow i can see the limb hacking and bone breaking but disembowelment?????11!!! :shock: it's so gross i accidently put one's instead of exlamtion marks. i hope you don't mean the sh!ting yourself kind of disembowelment :!: :? realy can u imagin playin the game then all of the sudden a big piece of sh!t come flyin out of a bunny?

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:27 pm

I doubt he meant bowel movement.

Zhukov

Post by Zhukov » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:07 am

It may be of interest to you folks that a couple of the ideas suggested here are already planned features of the game. In particular, the idea that each level/area should have multiple solutions.

Hmm, lets see. Other stuff that would be extremely cool:

- A spiked chain or flail weapon. This could go well with the physics-based game engine.
- Shields. Perhaps a tower shield that provides good protection but restricts movement and a buckler/fist-shield that gives less protection but leaves the user unencumbered.
- Projectile based weapons. Bows, crossbows, blowguns, and whatnot.
- Poison. It could be applied to weapons or projectiles. Also, I rather like the idea of cats that put poison on their claws.
- Ability to climb trees. Or perhaps a grappling hook.
- Camouflage. Certain clothing or armour could make it harder for enemies to spot the player in certain environments.
- Play as different creatures. This probably wouldn't apply to the main game. However, if there is going to be something similar to the 'challenge' levels in Lugaru then it would be fun to be able to play through them as a rat or something.

c_y@

Post by c_y@ » Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:41 pm

i think somone might of said this but i think that each race can have some uniqe thing for them that only they have........
-cats could climb and have claws that can retract Kinda like the wolves just dodge easier
-squirrels would further the climbing like runing on walls/up trees for a short period of time
-bunnies are the same sept more they have flashy kicking moves because of those legs dey got
-wolves of course realy strong and fast but bad/ok at reversing
-the rat is faster then the wolf, kind small and weak but can reverse and dodge easily (that could be the cat to)
-the whale hmmm......see Shadow of the Collosus on page 245 :roll: (i feel a boss -only thing coming on if he even makes it)

sugestions welcome

Noz

Post by Noz » Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:04 pm

I think that you should be able to be evil during Campaigns and especially Multiplayer. Like say, a wolf, or even better, a Wolverine. Wolverines are huge creatures (compared to the rabbits in the game) that eat anything in their path.

Ozymandias

Post by Ozymandias » Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:06 pm

Topic's a bit old...

Though, there might be a multiplayer game where you play as a wolf or something. Dunno if the game would ship with a wolf campaign. There could probably be one modded in though =P

Noz

Post by Noz » Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:18 pm

In the game, evil creatures should counter good creatures.

Mice + Rats
Moles + Naked Mole Rats
Hares + Ferrets
Dogs + Wolves
Foxes + Weasels
Squirrels + Raccoons
Badgers + Wolverines

Please consider this for Singleplayer and Multiplayer.

Noz

Post by Noz » Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:28 pm

Sorry about all the Wolverine posts. It's just that Wolverines are the coolest small mammals. They are natures warriors, they can take down a male deer. Also, in Overgrowth, you should be able to be cold blooded. I think, even though it would be somewhat challenging, the physics on the movement of a newt or a snake would be awesome.

rebel28

Re:

Post by rebel28 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:17 pm

Zhukov wrote: perhaps a grappling hook.
- Camouflage. Certain clothing or armour could make it harder for enemies to spot the player in certain environments.
I can see myself climbing a fortress wall with these two.

well not "me" myself, my character myself.

Noz

Post by Noz » Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:29 pm

You should be able to customize your Multiplayer character. Like dress him up to play in a big RPG open map game.

Noz

Post by Noz » Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:39 pm

I hope in the Alpha 6 blog report, by "LBP inspired tools", i hope David meant that you can have shape tools that you can cut into along with a sticker tool.

Ozymandias

Post by Ozymandias » Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:09 pm

Noz wrote:You should be able to customize your Multiplayer character. Like dress him up to play in a big RPG open map game.
Indeed. I could make a topic about an idea I have for setting up multiplayer characters... buuut... it's probably already been thought of 50 times over.
Noz wrote:I hope in the Alpha 6 blog report, by "LBP inspired tools", i hope David meant that you can have shape tools that you can cut into along with a sticker tool.
I doubt it. I think rather than using actual materials like LBP the map editor will, instead, be using objects... Though, materials aren't a bad idea... just, stolen XD

Sticker tool.. it would probably be called a decal tool or something.

Noz

Post by Noz » Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:36 am

The pheonix engine should support cutting into shapes.

Noz

Post by Noz » Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:08 pm

I recently got halo, overgrowth should have vehicles.

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:37 am

Noz wrote:I recently got halo, overgrowth should have vehicles.
what the hell man???
that doesn't fit the setting of this game in the least!
at least post ideas that make sense!