overgrowth, mods, ideas, art, ANYTHING!

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
c_y@

overgrowth, mods, ideas, art, ANYTHING!

Post by c_y@ » Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:15 pm

i realized that this place has been a little dry ..... so spice it up, bam! (corny :? ) i'll start you off..... you think that they will let us customize our caracters, or mabye good evil choices reflect that? go!

Mango

Re: overgrowth, mods, ideas, art, ANYTHING!

Post by Mango » Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:20 pm

In the way of customization, we are going to be able to chose equipment, clothes, weapons and whatnot. Going off Lugaru, I don't think we'll have much say in the direction of the storyline. However, I'm expecting Overgrowth will be much different in this area, so that would be cool.

I'm also wondering whether there will be some tricks for fending off mobs of attackers. I hated in Lugaru how there was very little chance of success once you had 3 or more enemies gang bashing you while you lay on the ground. I reckon Turner should have some tricks up his sleeve...

c_y@

Post by c_y@ » Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:31 pm

yea that did suck, maby you might be able to do a atack that can hit alot of guys and stun em while you get away...

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:11 am

...like maybe a spinning breakdance kick to jump back onto your feet with...

invertin

Post by invertin » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:40 am

To be honest I think a good/evil choice wouldn't fit in with Overgrowth, we've already sorted out Turner's personallity from the first game, and it just wouldn't make sense for him to be running around killing random villagers or giving random people money for no reason.

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:08 am

invertin wrote:To be honest I think a good/evil choice wouldn't fit in with Overgrowth, we've already sorted out Turner's personallity from the first game, and it just wouldn't make sense for him to be running around killing random villagers or giving random people money for no reason.
+1

tekn04

Post by tekn04 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:15 am

invertin wrote:To be honest I think a good/evil choice wouldn't fit in with Overgrowth, we've already sorted out Turner's personallity from the first game, and it just wouldn't make sense for him to be running around killing random villagers or giving random people money for no reason.
Do we even know if we're gonna play as turner yet?

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:19 am

tekn04 wrote:
Do we even know if we're gonna play as turner yet?
No. We do not. But I'd be pretty surprised if he didn't show up somewhere along the line.
I'm sure there'd be some upset if Turner wouldn't appear.

c_y@

Post by c_y@ » Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:17 pm

ur rite good/evil wouldn't fit... i'll think of somthing else...

Chainsaw man

Post by Chainsaw man » Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:58 pm

Considering were dealing with animals, I dont think the preaditors would have a sence of good or evil... maybe a more religous group might have an idea on that though...

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:16 am

Chainsaw man wrote:a more religous group
Religious animals...

Stop.
You're scaring me.

Derakon

Post by Derakon » Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:42 pm

I actually really liked how nearly-impossible fights were once you had several enemies ganging up on you. Lugaru is the only game I've ever played where I've felt hand-to-hand combat was even vaguely realistic in that sense. If you're going to attack one guy, you're going to leave yourself open to attack from other angles, and it only makes sense for other guys to take those openings.

And plus, it makes winning those fights all the sweeter.

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:57 pm

Derakon wrote:I actually really liked how nearly-impossible fights were once you had several enemies ganging up on you. Lugaru is the only game I've ever played where I've felt hand-to-hand combat was even vaguely realistic in that sense. If you're going to attack one guy, you're going to leave yourself open to attack from other angles, and it only makes sense for other guys to take those openings.

Those are some very good points.

Hell yes.

yamamonkey

Post by yamamonkey » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:22 pm

Derakon wrote:I actually really liked how nearly-impossible fights were once you had several enemies ganging up on you. Lugaru is the only game I've ever played where I've felt hand-to-hand combat was even vaguely realistic in that sense. If you're going to attack one guy, you're going to leave yourself open to attack from other angles, and it only makes sense for other guys to take those openings.

+1, but he still needs a kickass move to give him a little more chance to defend himself.

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:28 pm

Glabbit wrote:...like maybe a spinning breakdance kick to jump back onto your feet with...