Overgrowth.....on steam?

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
Glabbit

Re: Overgrowth.....on steam?

Post by Glabbit » Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:25 pm

BunnyWithStick wrote:As much as I dislike steam, what this means for Wolfire is pretty awesome. :)
I agree with that part of the sentence that I have taken the liberty to underline most drastically.

If it had been pen, it would have been done with several strokes.
Thick strokes.

Oh, and possibly some fluorescent marker. Or two.

Ozymandias

Post by Ozymandias » Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:53 pm

Jeff wrote:World of Goo is awesome.
I have played the demo, it's a pretty cool puzzle game, but naturally I am really bad at puzzle games XD

Anyways, I have a serious question. If I've pre-ordered the game through the website here (when it was first announced for pre-order) will it be possible to somehow put it on my steam account? I understand if you're not able to answer that though.

I'm not sure if I would or not, if I get some sort of activation code and can download the game off of the website anytime I want then that would be great, won't even need to use Steam.

On another note, it would be neat if Xfire worked with overgrowth, but i don't know what determined whether it does or not. Do they just go find a game then make their software compatable with it or something?

Jeff
Evil Twin

Post by Jeff » Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:25 pm

We probably can work something out to transfer your purchase over to Steam. I don't have all the details about things like that yet.

However, despite being on Steam, I'd still urge you to buy straight from us because it supports us more than giving Valve a cut. We are really excited by Steam introducing Overgrowth to millions of new gamers, but it doesn't come without a price (definitely worth it though!)

Ozymandias

Post by Ozymandias » Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:37 pm

Okay, but if I'm able to download the game off of this site (or whatever) and then re-download it whenever (I.E. got a new computer) then I'll do that. If not I might think about getting the steam version.

Jeff
Evil Twin

Post by Jeff » Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:47 pm

Wolfire is not really known for it's draconian DRM ;)