Too late to complain about combat?

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
SlashBolt

Too late to complain about combat?

Post by SlashBolt » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:59 pm

This is my first post on the forums, I think.

I played Overgrowth back when it was in Alpha, and having picked it up again, the combat seems a lot more frustrating now than back when I first got this. My primary contention is that there seems to be an RNG element to blocking, where hitting enemies has an x.xx% chance of being blocked, which is frustrating on a lot of levels.

Additionally, enemies have the annoying tendency to not only block whendoubled over on the ground, but because the animation of them blocking snaps them back upright and standing, the work I put in to ground them is immediately undone.

merlyn

Re: Too late to complain about combat?

Post by merlyn » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:00 am

Blocking when on the ground is a tactic you can do as well, and it might seem less unfair once you start doing it too. The animation and the fact that they're standing again might seem a bit screwy, and I kind of agree. We did make it so they couldn't throw you from that ragdoll-block anymore, though, which was really nasty.

The block RNG has always existed. It's just higher now than it used to be a year-plus ago. If you would like them to block less, you can switch difficulty modes.