A petition!

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
Count Roland

A petition!

Post by Count Roland » Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:42 am

alright everyone, I figured I'd send out a slight petition to the forums, I was thinking if we search anything even remotely wolfire related, it should come up at the top of the list. so here's what I was thinking everyone should do, is search a term wolfire related, (I'll provide a list of semi wolfire related terms) and everyone can search it in google, scroll down to the bottom of the screen, and click the "dissatisfied with these results button" and than put in the address of either wolfire itself, or overgrowth, as well as a short description of what you wanted to find. so here's a list of search terms I think should be included, feel free to post any others you want, and just say check when you've done it.
OG
Wolfie
fighting rabbits
rabbot
David Rosen
ninja
loup garou
fighting game
indie game
mac games

And that's about all I'll post for now. not actually sure how this is a petition. I'm sure you all have something to add. don't bother if it's annoying.

Skofo

Re: A petition!

Post by Skofo » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:35 am

Hahah, how neat. But don't you think that this might sometimes interfere with what people are actually searching for, like 'ninja'? Google has the amazing ability to read your mind and find exactly the page you want with a few words, as little sense as they make.

Either way, I was surprised that "fighting rabbits" didn't make Lugaru or Overgrowth show up, so I told them I was dissatisfied with that one. :mrgreen:

Fox

Post by Fox » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:48 am

If Wolfire wants to make these terms comeup with them in google more they need to do two things.

A: Include the words in their metatags, and make sure that the words are used often on their pages.

B: They need to be linked to more than other sites that have the same terms. So, for instance, to get the nubmer one "ninja" spot, Wolfire needs to be linked to more than Wikipedia.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:40 am

The idea isn't to make it easier for people who already know about Lugaru and Overgrowth, but to bring in people who didn't know any keywords spesific to this forum. These are the only keywords from your list that help in there:

fighting rabbits
David Rosen
fighting game
indie game
mac games

Other than that, it's a good idea.

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:14 pm

well of course I know very few of those help. I just kind of wanted to spam as much of that up there as possible. haha so yeahhhh.

Jendraz

Post by Jendraz » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:18 pm

Not a bad idea..

tomascokis

Post by tomascokis » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:32 am

certainly has potential

invertin

Post by invertin » Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:04 am

Reminds me of those random youtube videos where they pack the description with random words.

Except these words are relevant.