Overgrowth concept art compilation video

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
Untadaike

Overgrowth concept art compilation video

Post by Untadaike » Sun May 10, 2009 12:12 am

Hi all, this past week I edited Aubrey's concept art into a 3 and a half minute "slideshow" with music. It's up on YouTube! Watch it here in HD: Overgrowth Concept Art Compilation Hope you like it and tell me what you think! :D
Last edited by Untadaike on Mon May 11, 2009 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

nutcracker

Re: Overgrowth concept art compilation video

Post by nutcracker » Sun May 10, 2009 1:47 am

Luuks guud

But seriously, we gotta scrub the shits on the floor.

Zhukov

Post by Zhukov » Sun May 10, 2009 2:05 am

It's the concept art from the facebook page. In a slideshow. With some music.

In spite of which, it isn't half bad. Huh.

A couple of notes.
- On the images which are revealed bit-by-bit (armoured rabbit, dog with staff etc) there needs to be a pause between the point when the whole picture is visible and the point when it is replaced by the next picture. As it is currently, the image disappears before the viewer can get a decent look a the whole thing.
- Stick to one or two kinds of transition. Trying to use one of every kind available looks amateurish.

Untadaike

Re:

Post by Untadaike » Sun May 10, 2009 9:26 am

- On the images which are revealed bit-by-bit (armoured rabbit, dog with staff etc) there needs to be a pause between the point when the whole picture is visible and the point when it is replaced by the next picture. As it is currently, the image disappears before the viewer can get a decent look a the whole thing.
Interesting.
- Stick to one or two kinds of transition. Trying to use one of every kind available looks amateurish.
Hmm, I know what you mean about using to many glitzy transitions, but I personally don't think that mine is that way.
Thank you for the feedback, Zhukov.
Either way, I doubt I will change it now, as I have already had to re-upload it 4 different times. Maybe, though.

Ninjas

Post by Ninjas » Sun May 10, 2009 9:55 am

Man, that is cool! I haven't even looked at some of that old stuff in a long time-- the rat hut and town for example, or the rat elder.

Untadaike

Post by Untadaike » Sun May 10, 2009 3:16 pm

Ninjas wrote:Man, that is cool! I haven't even looked at some of that old stuff in a long time-- the rat hut and town for example, or the rat elder.
Thank you :)

Johannes

Post by Johannes » Mon May 11, 2009 4:08 am

Awr... It says that "This video has been removed by the user." :(

Untadaike

Post by Untadaike » Mon May 11, 2009 10:30 am

jo-shadow wrote:Awr... It says that "This video has been removed by the user." :(
Fixed. Sorry, did a small update. If you listened closely to the music on the last one, it was weird and messed up and sick and perverse and wrong. All good now :P

Wilbefast
Location: In a sealed box shielded against environmentally induced quantum decoherence

Post by Wilbefast » Mon May 18, 2009 1:01 pm

Awesome video, music, cuts, panning, etc (here I display my total ignorance when it comes to making movies) - actually quite a few pictures I hadn't seen - where did you find them all?

You know, I was against the whole "after the extinction of man" idea but I have to say the concepts have turned me - they have this subtle way of suggesting overgrown human ruins without rubbing it in your face: it says quite simply that the human race will turn to dust and be forgotten, and that whatever traces left on the planet will be meaningless monoliths.

Even if we don't kill ourselves it's certain that humanity will not last forever - evolution just doesn't work that way :?

Untadaike

Post by Untadaike » Mon May 18, 2009 3:00 pm

Wilbefast wrote:Awesome video, music, cuts, panning, etc (here I display my total ignorance when it comes to making movies)
No, you're not ignorant. It was awesome. :mrgreen: :lol:
- actually quite a few pictures I hadn't seen - where did you find them all?
On Wolfire's press page. There's a direct download for a folder of concept art. It's not all of the art that has been released but I didn't want to make the movie too long, of course 8)
Even if we don't kill ourselves it's certain that humanity will not last forever - evolution just doesn't work that way :?
I agree 100%, Wilbefast. However I like to stay in the present :lol:
Oh, and I'm glad you liked it :D

Wilbefast
Location: In a sealed box shielded against environmentally induced quantum decoherence

Post by Wilbefast » Tue May 19, 2009 3:14 am

Untadaike wrote:No, you're not ignorant. It was awesome. :mrgreen: :lol:
Lol - I meant that I'm throwing around movie related terms like "cut" and "pan" to seem like I know what I'm talking about :D
Untadaike wrote:On Wolfire's press page. There's a direct download for a folder of concept art. It's not all of the art that has been released but I didn't want to make the movie too long, of course 8)
That link is broken it seems - mine is better (probably just because it's mine) http://www.wolfire.com/press
Untadaike wrote:I like to stay in the present :lol:
*Adopts angry soccer-mum voice* It's people like you with no regard for future generations who are destroying our planet! You should be shot! In the face! Twice!

Untadaike

Post by Untadaike » Tue May 19, 2009 6:08 pm

:lol:

Henrymou

Post by Henrymou » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:42 pm

Don't forget about the Lizard men, Davide and Jeff are releasing a butload of concept art thursday! :mrgreen:

Untadaike

Post by Untadaike » Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:44 pm

Yeah. I'm not going to do a remake, though. It's awesome art. I just don't see the need. It's not like thousands of fans are pleading me to make it. All you need is iMovie (or any editing software) and a few hours.