The "John's beard" thread! - Noooes, the beard is gone!

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
Assaultman67

Re: The "John's beard" thread!

Post by Assaultman67 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:12 am

tokage wrote:
Assaultman67 wrote:Hmm ... you seem to be quoting yourself unnecessarily ...

I however, am not able to comprehend the meaning of that ...
It's his thing.
Aspen wrote:
Aspen wrote: [...]
As a joke on another forum, I always make all of my posts in quotes attributed to myself. I have retained that attribute on all forums now. This is similar to Renegade_Turner's obsession with bold/purple text.
[...]
Well, ... interesting.
Yea I considered that, but it just doesn't seem to have the same effect ... the bold text in color that ren displays to others make them either feel that ren has pure self confidence (which people admire) or overwhelmingly unjustified arrogance (which people hate) ...

the quoted text makes me wonder if hes trying to talk in 3rd person or if I missed something ...

tokage

Post by tokage » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:12 pm

Assaultman67 wrote: Yea I considered that, but it just doesn't seem to have the same effect ... the bold text in color that ren displays to others make them either feel that ren has pure self confidence (which people admire) or overwhelmingly unjustified arrogance (which people hate) ...
I think neither of Ren. Just that he is a little crazy.

Aspen

Post by Aspen » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:25 pm

Actually, I have decided to stop quoting myself unnecessarily. None of you are going to get the meaning of the joke, so I might as well stop, eh? I've also decided to go with Untadaike's beardjob.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:45 pm

I'm not crazy. It's the voices in my head that are crazy.

That's purely facetious, I hate when people feign insanity for shits and giggles or renown, it's one of my pet peeves. There's a few culprits on this forum.

invertin

Post by invertin » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:12 pm

I just have to ask.

What the heck happened when I was gone.

THERE IS SO MUCH PINK

EDIT:
Renegade_Turner wrote:There's a few culprits on this forum.
Ohai there.

Assaultman67

Post by Assaultman67 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:08 pm

John dyed his beard pink after the OG sale (1000 copies) beat his expectations so everyone else responded by dying their "john's beards" pink ...

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:18 pm

If you find yourself thinking too much about making a post relevant or witty, then you're tryng too hard.
Aspen wrote:Actually, I have decided to stop quoting myself unnecessarily. None of you are going to get the meaning of the joke, so I might as well stop, eh?
Whatever floats your boat, dude.
I've also decided to go with Untadaike's beardjob.
That sounds dirty.

I should give my avatar a creepy pink beard.

Aspen

Post by Aspen » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:19 pm

Assaultman67 wrote:John dyed his beard pink after the OG sale (1000 copies) beat his expectations so everyone else responded by dying their "john's beards" pink ...
Actually, it wasn't the Overgrowth sales that peaked nearly 18,000 copies, but the Organic Indie Pre-Order pack, which was Overgrowth along with Natural Selection 2: Special Edition.

Usually, I don't needlessly nitpick other peoples statements unless they are slightly misleading. :)

Fournine
.hacker

Post by Fournine » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:43 pm

Aspen wrote: Actually, it wasn't the Overgrowth sales that peaked nearly 18,000 copies, but the Organic Indie Pre-Order pack, which was Overgrowth along with Natural Selection 2: Special Edition.
Usually, I don't needlessly nitpick other peoples statements unless they are slightly misleading. :)
It was 1658 copies. You're off by an order of magnitude.

---
Renegade_Turner wrote:I hate when people feign insanity for shits and giggles or renown, it's one of my pet peeves.
One of my friends at college claimed she could see ghosts, which would freak her out. I couldn't decide if she was actively hallucinating due to stress, or pretending to be able to see them so she could be comforted - it was equally conceivable she was doing either.

Aspen

Post by Aspen » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:10 pm

Fournine wrote:It was 1658 copies. You're off by an order of magnitude.
My mistake. I did not mean eighteen thousand, I mean one thousand eight hundred. Which is still off, even rounding, by about a hundred, but I was recalling it from memory and not looking it up. Thank you for the correction.

Assaultman67

Post by Assaultman67 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:36 pm

Grayswandir wrote:If you find yourself thinking too much about making a post relevant or witty, then you're tryng too hard.
What can I say? :? ... Amateur psychoanalysis is my hobby. :P

Aspen

Post by Aspen » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:47 pm

Grayswandir wrote:
Aspen wrote:I've also decided to go with Untadaike's beardjob.
That sounds dirty.
Yes, I thought it might sound that way. However, I decided not to change and and also decided against bringing it up because it would almost certainly the thread off-topic quickly. However, you brought it up, so I will reply to you and say "Yes, I thought it might sound that way." And no, that was not my original intention to make it sound dirty.

Untadaike

Post by Untadaike » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:55 pm

Aspen wrote: That sounds dirty.
I love BJ references.
Aspen wrote:That is your 1337th post. Just thought I'd point that out.
xD Hahaha thanks for tellin me.

Assaultman67

Post by Assaultman67 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:04 pm

Ok sure, but how can you ever prove to us that you were not lying :?: ...

Therefore, we can never know for sure whether or not you really wanted the post to sound dirty in the hopes of you casually (yet lustfully) luring one of us into a one on one, racy IM chat complete with pictures :? ...

Hmm ... this is indeed an insolvable predicament ... Thus I believe the only logical solution is for us forum users to proceed with the assumption that you are a pervert for our own personal safety :)

(lol ... I'm messing with ya ... however I put this note here just in case you don't realize it)

tokage

Post by tokage » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:08 am

Fournine wrote:
Renegade_Turner wrote:I hate when people feign insanity for shits and giggles or renown, it's one of my pet peeves.
One of my friends at college claimed she could see ghosts, which would freak her out. I couldn't decide if she was actively hallucinating due to stress, or pretending to be able to see them so she could be comforted - it was equally conceivable she was doing either.
Maybe she was experiencing Kanashibari, also called sleep paralysis. It is basically waking up and being consciously perceiving your surroundings while entering a REM-phase. You can't move, but you see and hear everything around you overlaid with all possible kinds of dream induced hallucination. Scary stuff.