Poison Darts

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
hunters

Re: Poison Darts

Post by hunters » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:45 am

But we need to look at this from a developer standpoint. Where and how are the rats (and maybe even rabbits at this point, but much more rats) going to obtain poison and the darts? Also, should darts be allowed plain as well as poisoned? Also, I am pretty sure that most rabbits don't have the strength to punch right through a body and pull out a rib (although that would be awesome haha) and would therefore need something sharp and at least a few seconds (for a recent cadaver, a normal skeleton laying around would be quicker)

Also, what about puchasing (or like trading your knife) for some darts?
how about trading for a blowgun with dart already? what would be your idea to that? is it alright for you?

TimelyToga

Re: Poison Darts

Post by TimelyToga » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:58 pm

i think you should only be able to craft the poison weapons, maybe not the weapons themselves. Because that seems to delve to far into the rpg realm. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for rpg's but that isn't what OG is about, at least from what I've seen. I think that would also throw crafting poisons out of the mix too.

But poisoning weapons themselves by dipping them into poisons you bartered for, or stabbing the weapon into a poisonous plant is definitely cool!

Another topic is how long the poison would still be active. As in how many strikes would the poison be effective. I think you could stab a knife into a poison tree twice and then be able to poison two enemies. But still limit the number of poison "doses" to be active on a weapon at any given time to say...three.