Knife throwing

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
invertin

Re: Knife throwing

Post by invertin » Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:31 am

Endoperez wrote:
agarrett wrote:that would just be amazing though. Also, depending how much you hurt the enemy, they get back up if they were knocked unconscious.
Not good. What if you wanted to do "no kills" challenge and would intentionally only leave the enemies unconscious? Idea is fine, implementation would cause problems.
What about three states of knocked down-

One where they get back up later, one where they don't, and one where they're dead?

Untadaike

Post by Untadaike » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:31 am

It's soooooo hilarious: place dead guys on your map and then load it (after saving). If you equip a knife and press the throw key while facing the dead guy (with no other targets around), you throw the knife into the body, they get up as if they weren't dead, rip the knife out and fight you! Wtf?? It's great!

kehaar

Post by kehaar » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:52 am

hey, that's kind of how it works in Lugaru!

sfriedlander

Post by sfriedlander » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:21 pm

How to work this aiming system:
How bout you hold the throw button and a cross hair shifts from least deadly (arm, leg) area to most deadly Head. then you let go when the cross hair reaches the desired spot. That way we don't have to worry about manual aiming.

So you can take a risk by holding the button and being vulnerable just to get that deadly head shot, or you can quickly release to get a stunning arm shot. This can possibly add the same layer of depth that the fighting has to the knife throwing.

Strategic weaknesses: Also this can be used strategically depending on the armor of the character. if the fur is exposed on the arm but the animal is wearing a helmet and chest plate you can go for a throwing knife in the arm. this would be cool especially cause Wolfire has been talking about how each species has different traditional armors.

Or you can cripple a faster species by getting them in the leg. Disarm an opponent by hitting them in the arm.

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:43 pm

I know this isn't exactly on topic but, tomahawks. need the tomahawks. like an ax version of the throwing knife I suppose you could say so that's kind of on topic.

Untadaike

Post by Untadaike » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:05 pm

Maybe it would be safe to say that some race's weapon would be comparable to a tomahawk.

Armored Wolf

Post by Armored Wolf » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:49 am

darwin wrote:Knife throwing is very important. You can kill a person in a far distance by throwing your knife. But i have my push knife i really it too.
Hi there, spammer!

Fournine
.hacker

Post by Fournine » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:12 pm

Bye there, Spammer!
Spam post deleted.

Untadaike

Post by Untadaike » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:09 pm

Oh, divine, powerful being.