Who's Modding Overgrowth?

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
Assaultman67

Who's Modding Overgrowth?

Post by Assaultman67 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:05 pm

I was curious to know who is planning to mod overgrowth or already modding it ...

I find that the engine is interesting and i am considering using it for some kind of mod, but i wanted to know who out there is already doing a mod (may consider joining one instead)

TheBigCheese

Re: Who's Modding Overgrowth?

Post by TheBigCheese » Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:09 am

There aren't really any mods with actual progress as of yet.

Mainly because there isn't much of a game to mod yet. The fighting system isn't done, nor is any kind of mission system, making creating levels with concrete goals difficult. There are maps, mainly by Hale, that are cool to look around, though.

m3nace

Post by m3nace » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:11 am

i am doing some models, that i plan to incorporate into my own mod (when the time is right)
so far i've kept it secret, even the secret-preorder-forum doesnt know about it yet
they do now

all i can reveal so far is that it contains bears

Zhukov

Post by Zhukov » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:37 am

Well, there's this chap for a start.

TheBigCheese

Post by TheBigCheese » Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:56 am

m3nace wrote:all i can reveal so far is that it contains bears
YES! :D

Assaultman67

Post by Assaultman67 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:54 pm

I don't really have access to that forum so ... no idea what you guys are talking about :P ...

Ive been thinking about pre ordering it for a while ... to be honest im interested in it for the modding capabilities than about the actual game (didn't even play lugaru :P ) ...

tokage

Post by tokage » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:31 pm

m3nace wrote:i am doing some models, that i plan to incorporate into my own mod (when the time is right)
so far i've kept it secret, even the secret-preorder-forum doesnt know about it yet
they do now

all i can reveal so far is that it contains bears
Technically speaking, you kinda announced it.
m3nace wrote: yeah but then the bears will be kinda slaves right? And they needa be awesome vikings. Anyways i hope that someone if not myself will make a bear mod then. Then i'll just create my own levels.
m3nace wrote: he slaves.... I guess the dogs are more slaves then, but they do have wolfs to fight in arenas right. Anyways i'll just wait for or create the bear mods then.
:D

To go back on topic.
The engine is not advanced enough and things are still subject to change, so there is no fully fledged mod underway, yet. But a lot of people are warming up and playing around already.
What wasn't mentioned already, was the idea of "the big community project": they went as far as a preliminary story line and a lugaru style map, that was even rigged into the main menu already. Don't know if anyone is still active on that.

ecyor0

Post by ecyor0 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:20 pm

Well, a remake of the original campaign in the overgrowth engine is almost a given... I'm intending to make a Watership Down campaign myself, since I've got the soundtrack of the movie sitting around.