Overgrowth Lore

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
Endoperez

Re: Overgrowth Lore

Post by Endoperez » Sun May 25, 2014 7:11 am

Forrest wrote:What's been said about normal animals? I don't think that the sentient ones would be happy with eating each other, except maybe wolves.
I don't think there are any non-sentient mammals. Fish and birds are normal.

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Sun May 25, 2014 7:48 am

Forrest wrote:What's been said about normal animals? I don't think that the sentient ones would be happy with eating each other, except maybe wolves.
Nit pick of the day: I honestly can't think of many animals that are not sentient.
Jellyfish maybe, since they have a diffuse nervous system. But all animals with a central nervous system are definitely sentient.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Sun May 25, 2014 12:39 pm

EPR89 wrote:
Nit pick of the day: I honestly can't think of many animals that are not sentient.
Jellyfish maybe, since they have a diffuse nervous system. But all animals with a central nervous system are definitely sentient.
Scientifically speaking you're exactly right, and I should've used "sapience". I often get the two mixed up, since the way I used it is the accepted usage in science fiction. I read more scifi with "sentient species" than I read scientific articles about animals' capability of sensing things...

Phoenixwarrior141
Location: I've lost all sense of direction, I'm quite concerned to be honest.

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:52 pm

Something I found browsing through the files:

In the soundtrack folder there is one file that says "Across the dark land ", specifically: "AcrossTheDarkLan" in the music folder.

Don't have a clue what that means but it sounds like a level that might have something to do with "Dead Volcano"

Turner along with Female dogs are in the character .xml files.

Arena is currently the only campaign thing, so we could conclude Turner might play a part in the tournament.

Cat overseer is in the character .xmls as well.
"Rabbit Catcher" is a weapon in the item folders as well, though it's affiliation is unknown.

Somethings I can conclude:

- Cat Overseers might over-watch armies, factories (Construction thereof) or other things of the like.

- Rabbit Catcher might be a weapon used by dogs to catch and kill rabbits.

- The Dark Lands might be a no-mans land type of thing, though the specifications are unknown.

- Dogs and rabbits live in clans.

- Rats are slaves.

- There likely isn't any form of nation safe for the individual clans, or a weak one at that.

- Each rabbit clan has their own beliefs, though it is unknown if the same is true for dogs.

- Wolves live in a tribal society.