Here's an idea.

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Re: Here's an idea.

Post by Renegade_Turner » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:06 pm

Armored Wolf wrote:
Glabbit wrote:Aw, hell, don't start this again.
We've had several Ren-Clones...
I am NOT making Amored_April, y'hear?
Give it a rest!
Armored_April? -does a quick search-

Wow. Renegade_April. You must have been high.
Serious now, what are you on about? And then when Glabbit asks you what you're talking about, you reply:
Armored Wolf wrote:I think you should have read my post carefully before responding in such an ill-thought out manner.
Rather, I think you should consider the posts again before uttering stupidity. Glabbit was talking about when everyone was making stupid clones of my name, and he made Renegade_April. He was trying to convey that he did not wish a similar occurence to happen in the format of Armored_????. This seems like a pretty simple concept to grasp, but you seem to have missed it completely.

Also, now that Glabbit has even mentioned such a thing, it will most likely happen for whatever unfortunate reasons there may be.

Glabbit wrote:It's how I deal with some people around here, like Venatir and his alt, Armored_Wolf when he's having one of his moments, and Renegade_Turner too.

Well, Ren mostly because I can't think of anything to say that won't get me horribly mauled, but yeah.
I was about to express my extreme indignation at being lumped in the same category as people like Venatir and Armored_Wolf, but upon realising the reasons for me being included, I must say my extreme indignation has mutated into rampant arrogance.

But I agree, I WAS about to engage in a brief demonstration of what it means to be an astronaut.

Glabbit wrote:Of course, it's not a perfect system either way. Not everyone who gets discussed at deserves it, and not everyone who deserves it gets discussed at. Ren, for example, has a chronic disability to berate himself.
Yes, what good would that ability do me? Admitting one's wrongs and inaccuracies? How would that ever help anyone? I can't imagine it's seen as a very good characteristic. That is silly. You're silly.
Armored Wolf wrote:I don't think Ren would stoop so low as to try to have an argument with Venatir (or Devilsclub, for that matter.) He kind of did with me, but I lost pretty quickly :|
No one should be above or below anyone's reproach. I'm all about equality. It's best to choose your battles though. Leave the big fights for the big boys.

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:08 pm

Renegade_Turner wrote:You're silly.
And proud of it!
If I wasn't silly, I'd be dead due to depression. Faith in humanity always feels so terribly ungrounded.

Thanks for the rampant clearing up, there, though. It's a discipline I do not possess.

Oh, and:
Fournine wrote:Please replace "discussed at" with "harangued"
Thank you Fournine! I was looking for that word, but couldn't find it =D
I'd edit my post, but hey, laziness, eh?

Armored Wolf

Post by Armored Wolf » Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:45 pm

You're about equality?

Thank you very much. Now I have all manner of food, drink, and saliva over my computer monitor.

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:43 am

You sir, on the other hand, are silly on the borderline of downright stupid, if you cannot comprehend this piece of logic.
Ren talks to everyone the same way. This does not mean he gives everyone the same words, but rather that he pontificates upon faulty logic and criticises everyone a lot.
If you feel like a target, it's because you're acting more stupid than others and have more aspects to be harangued about.

That said, it basically means (and this is an amazing discovery, for I hadn't reasoned this out myself yet), that when you're being harangued by Ren, it's your own bloody fault.

Okay, now I feel a bit like a sort of priesty prophety pal, so I'm going to tone down a bit.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:13 am

Armored Wolf wrote:You're about equality?

Thank you very much. Now I have all manner of food, drink, and saliva over my computer monitor.
1. Go to www.google.com.
2. Enter the search term "define:equality".
3. Study the first definition you find there. Keep it with you. Education is important.

Come on, lad, it's not like you're the first or the last. Stop acting like a victim, it happens to everyone who spouts drivel. Equal treatment of people in terms of harrassment is still equal treatment of people.

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:53 pm

Hey, wait... Ren's not yelling at me for doing anything wrong o:
No, I must be dreaming it. He must have missed my posts.
Ridiculous! I couldn't possibly be right.

Armored Wolf

Post by Armored Wolf » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:05 pm

There is actually no way to win this, much less a way to point out of the different ways of winning that would be viewed as losing in the eyes of other people, because that itself would be viewed as a form of self-pity.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:43 pm

Even worse, that post came across as more pitiful than it would have been had you done the things you mentioned in it. You actually think there's a "win and lose". This isn't win or lose. This is me being undeniably right, absolutely.
Glabbit wrote:Hey, wait... Ren's not yelling at me for doing anything wrong o:
No, I must be dreaming it. He must have missed my posts.
Ridiculous! I couldn't possibly be right.
What you were saying was more or less what I was saying about equality.

Kind of like that old joke. "I don't discriminate, I hate everyone!"
Last edited by Renegade_Turner on Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Armored Wolf

Post by Armored Wolf » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:58 pm

I can't say anything without losing an argument!? ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

tokage

Post by tokage » Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:29 am

Armored Wolf wrote:I can't say anything without losing an argument!? ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
No

Freshbite

Post by Freshbite » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:50 pm

Armored Wolf wrote:I can't say anything without losing an argument!? ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Way to go, Champ.

Assaultman67

Post by Assaultman67 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:42 pm

Everyone knows the last one standing wins the argument ... its all about endurance :P

Armored Wolf

Post by Armored Wolf » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:21 pm

Assaultman67 wrote:Everyone knows the last one standing wins the argument ... its all about endurance :P
Really? I just won about 10 arguments, in that case. (Not here, in real life/other places on the internet.)

Assaultman67

Post by Assaultman67 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:29 am

Good for you! ... unfortunately, the number of arguments won on the internet is inversely proportional to how much time you spend doing productive stuff :lol: ...

tomascokis

Post by tomascokis » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:16 am

Depends on your definition of productive!