dismemberment`?

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
Freshbite

Re: dismemberment`?

Post by Freshbite » Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:48 am

Perhaps I read it out loud... hmm?

And don't worry, you do not look like an idiot for all I know.
Or wait, you were the one dressed in a short skirt and stockings...

I guess you do kind of look like an idiot. Image

zoidberg rules

Post by zoidberg rules » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:44 am

Yeah, but a downright sexy idiot!

Don't try to deny it, I know you'r thinking it!Image

Freshbite

Post by Freshbite » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:08 pm

Fuck.

zoidberg rules

Post by zoidberg rules » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:35 am

Thank you very much.
:lol:

Jackrabbit

Post by Jackrabbit » Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:48 pm

If there is going to be dismemberment we should have the right to pick the dismembered limbs up as weapons :lol:
If there isn't going to be any dismemberment it won't be any different, it's still an amazing game from what i've seen so far and they can always release addons in further patches or something :wink:

zoidberg rules

Post by zoidberg rules » Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:54 am

I agree with Jackrabbit, it looks like it's coming along great so far, so I son't think you should bog yourself down with putting in dismemberment, not until you have released the game first.

Plus, if you could use the disembodied limbs as weapons, it would make Overgrowth more bad-ass...Somehow... :lol:

Ebrahim

Post by Ebrahim » Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:01 am

PREPARE TO FEEL THE WRATH OF MY +1 LEG!!!

Freshbite

Post by Freshbite » Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:13 am

Gives the "Stop hitting yourself" bully-move a completely new angle.

Jackrabbit

Post by Jackrabbit » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:58 pm

Freshbite wrote:Gives the "Stop hitting yourself" bully-move a completely new angle.
Started making me think about those old bully tricks, how about changing the "kick me" note on the back by actually hitting someone with his own leg? god that would be awkward.

Freshbite

Post by Freshbite » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:08 pm

I would definitely like to see that in-game.
Oh God, Wolfire, pleaaase.

zoidberg rules

Post by zoidberg rules » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:52 pm

There should be a game mode, in which it is extremely difficult to tear off limbs, but every time you manage to do it, the dismembered limb should be immediately attached to your body, and it should be in like an endless "Horde" style game mode.

FEAR THE OCTO-RABBIT!!!!

badfitz66

Post by badfitz66 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:33 am

Rather than dismemberment, I would like a system where if an enemy hits you in a leg or arm hard enough, the limb will 'ragdoll' and be completely useless.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:18 pm

badfitz66 wrote:Rather than dismemberment, I would like a system where if an enemy hits you in a leg or arm hard enough, the limb will 'ragdoll' and be completely useless.

Wow, that's an intriguing idea!

Of course you could recover from it, if you had the time. It would still require some animations that don't exist in OG (at the moment), but I can see it working in a game.

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:07 pm

badfitz66 wrote:Rather than dismemberment, I would like a system where if an enemy hits you in a leg or arm hard enough, the limb will 'ragdoll' and be completely useless.
If this is ever considered I want lowkicks in the game. I'd rank the pain of a nice low kick right up there with a shot flush to the liver. Only that the pain from a lowkick will stay with you for days. I had trouble walking up and down stairs for almost a week once when I was caught with one in sparring.

Watch the pre-fight banter in tis one. Tis fight is one of the legendary ones in K-1. Jerome and like actually really like each other.

And kicks to the upper arms are often used to weaken good boxers. A few of them on the triceps and their punches will slow down quite a bit. It's pretty painful, too. Not quite as painful as low kicks, but still pretty annoying.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:49 pm

EPR89 wrote:And kicks to the upper arms are often used to weaken good boxers. A few of them on the triceps and their punches will slow down quite a bit. It's pretty painful, too. Not quite as painful as low kicks, but still pretty annoying.

"Often?" Not in boxing, at least! :wink:

I guess you meant in the MMA ring, which I know nearly nothing about, but thinking from a boxing perspective (not that I know much about that either) I got this hilarious mental image of a boxer suddenly kicking his opponent to the arm and going "what? where I'm from everyone does this! what do you mean rules forbid it?!". :mrgreen: