Phoenix Engine 6-30-05 Starting Physics

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
Eric
Support Ninja Master

Post by Eric » Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:25 pm

David wrote:The idea for Lugaru 2 is to totally remove the line between physics and animation; ALL of the animations will be physics-based hybrid systems.
You are my favorite person in the world right now. The idea of an accurately portrayed physics game is just plain awesome.

Silb
Master cartographer

Post by Silb » Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:49 pm

David wrote:The idea for Lugaru 2 is to totally remove the line between physics and animation; ALL of the animations will be physics-based hybrid systems.
L1 felt so immersive without this level of realism, that I dare not imagine what L2 could be :)

Nuky
Plutonium Handler

Post by Nuky » Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:59 am

All we now is those huge thingies you put on your head, and then it's like if you are *in* the game! :P

Ovaltine
Over-enthusiastic zoo patron

Post by Ovaltine » Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:57 pm

The game's looking really pretty, but I don't know about those crates.

They suffer the same flaw every crate suffers in all games: it's utter inability to appear functional. Why are there always so many strange crates lying around everywhere in so many games? Worse, they never even look like crates you would keep something in. This is the case here. These crates look too nice to be functional; probubly because they're made of two very expencive looking woods.

Are they going to have precarious placing? Please tell us no!

Jeff
Evil Twin

Post by Jeff » Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:33 pm

Ovaltine wrote:The game's looking really pretty, but I don't know about those crates.

They suffer the same flaw every crate suffers in all games: it's utter inability to appear functional. Why are there always so many strange crates lying around everywhere in so many games? Worse, they never even look like crates you would keep something in. This is the case here. These crates look too nice to be functional; probubly because they're made of two very expencive looking woods.

Are they going to have precarious placing? Please tell us no!
David was joking about the crates. There aren't going to be any in Lugaru 2.

Ovaltine
Over-enthusiastic zoo patron

Post by Ovaltine » Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:06 pm

Really?

Oh thank god. Sorry about that!