Humble Indie Bundle #2

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
Freshbite

Humble Indie Bundle #2

Post by Freshbite » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:22 pm

At last, the Humble Indie Bundle #2 has been released.
Go grab your copy, there is but a week left!

Oh, and stay generous.

www.HumbleBundle.com

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Re: Humble Indie Bundle #2

Post by Renegade_Turner » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:12 pm

So far I like the 150 dollars spent by "Mark Zuckerberg is a fattie".

Freshbite

Post by Freshbite » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:27 pm

Yeah, that spender is legit.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:31 pm

How did it get that many sales (14 400) so soon after the start? :shock:

Freshbite

Post by Freshbite » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:58 pm

They're starting to get popular. That is all. Image

Stakhanov

Post by Stakhanov » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:09 pm

The click on paypal's button in that video made me rage. :x

This one bundle has 5 games that I don't have but was interested in , nice opportunity. Keep them coming !

Megika

Post by Megika » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:41 pm

Will this one end up on Steam as well?

I was so happy to find the previous one on there.

Zhukov

Post by Zhukov » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:44 pm

I just noticed something.

The version of Cortex Command included with the bundle is labelled "B24" rather then "B23".

That is a good thing.

And yes, I know that hardly any of you will comprehend the momentous significance of this.

EDIT: Whoops. False alarm. Disappointment all around. At least the other games will be fun.

EDIT II: Not a false alarm. Just a questionable GUI. Fuck yes! Exuberance and jubilation! Data, I'm sorry I ever doubted you!

EDITWARD II OF SCOTLAND: Yes, I am aware that most of you still won't know what the hell I am talking about. It matters not!
Last edited by Zhukov on Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:53 pm

Err. What's with "Site5.com Coupon "indie" For 20% Off" and "www.PubNub.com - Real-time Internet-Wide Bidirectional Messaging"? Stupid shameless advertising. I call a boycott.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:08 am

Stakhanov wrote:The click on paypal's button in that video made me rage. :x
What's up with this Paypal hate/boycott thing?

Zhukov

Post by Zhukov » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:20 am

Thumbnail reviews:

Braid: Exceptionally clever puzzles. Charming visual style. Unfortunately it's also rather arsty, and not in a good way. If this game were a person it would wear a knit cap, write bad poetry and talk in a fake European accent. And design clever puzzles.

Cortex Command: Horribly unfinished. No campaign. AI comes pre-broken. Controls and GUI are clunky. Physics engine often interferes with gameplay. Gameplay can be a bit shallow. Almost makes up for it with "emergent" elements. Kinda fun, at least for a few hours.

Machinarium: Extremely cute, in a good way. Clever puzzles. Nice visual design. Excellent in-game hint system. Possibly the pick of the bunch.

Osmos: Eh... it's okay. Rather relaxing. Nice music. But very slow paced and a bit shallow.

Revenge of the Titans.: AKA yet-another-bloody-tower-defence-game-that-really-wants-to-be-Plants-vs-Zombies. Easily the worst of the lot. A dull and repetitive clickfest. Cutesy presentation is about the only thing it has going for it.

Freshbite

Post by Freshbite » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:50 pm

Endoperez wrote:What's up with this Paypal hate/boycott thing?
I dunno, Paypal was the obvious choice for me.

Stakhanov

Post by Stakhanov » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:31 pm

Endoperez wrote:What's up with this Paypal hate/boycott thing?
There are many reasons to boycott it , actually. Mainly their nasty habit of trampling on their users' rights due to their own fits of paranoia , which everyone could see in high-profile cases - like Notch having his 600k profit from Minecraft sales frozen for no apparent reason. The corporation has all the advantages of a bank and none of the responsabilities.

More recently , they decided to freeze Wikileaks' account and block donations after a mere phone call from a US senator. Absolutely zero legal (much less moral) grounds for this , of course. Responsible service providers must wait for a court order (or inquire a judge's expertise) before taking such radical actions.

That really was the last straw for me. Really , the only reason Paypal is prefered is because lots of people use it - can only be traced back to effective advertising or whatever luck they had of showing up at the right time. As long as people pick them out of conformism , they can get away with being complete jerks.

Amazon showed no greater courage , though , shamelessly dropping their hosting of Wikileaks as well... so that only leaves one option for ethical winter shopping , Google "don't be evil" Checkout :P

To be honest it's not even possible to completely deny profits from wrongdoers , Visa and Mastercard having a complete monopoly over credit card transactions (yes , they are involved as well)
Still you can minimize it or pick the lesser evil , unless there's some way of mailing cash to get the Humble Bundle or something.

Sorry if this sounds like a political rant , I had to put things in context. Still going to buy it , I did play the Cortex Command and Osmos demos before , they're decent games. Braid is a high interest for fans of time travel games like me , I always felt kind of ashamed for not having it :P

Ragdollmaster

Oh look a different post subject

Post by Ragdollmaster » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:22 pm

Zhukov wrote:Cortex Command: Horribly unfinished. No campaign. AI comes pre-broken. Controls and GUI are clunky. Physics engine often interferes with gameplay. Gameplay can be a bit shallow. Almost makes up for it with "emergent" elements. Kinda fun, at least for a few hours.
urdoinitrong

Step 1: Use a gamepad/controller or keyboard+mouse, they are smooth 8)
Step 2: Get Build 23 from www.datarealms.com (latest buyable version, $20, or just get the demo) B24 was a haphazard attempt at an update that DaTa came out with because he wanted moneys from the Indie Bundle, and I haven't played it yet so I can't attest to its quality (or lack thereof)
Step 3: Download some mods. First party content is cool and all, but when you're controlling a cyborg ninja armed with a thermal laser that can summon meteors and smite his enemies with flaming electric guitars and flying sharks- well, that's when this game REALLY gets fun. I've gotten hundreds of hours of gameplay out from using mods.
Step 4: ???
Step 5: Profit

Oops, one step too many.

Point is, Build 23 is amazing. User-made content is what makes this game. There are custom campaign missions, vehicles, weapons, hell, probably a dozen entire factions, which you can download entirely free of charge here. Note: There are some compatiblity issues with B23 mods and the "current" build. This situation could change entirely within a week. Or a day. There are major shitstorms flying around DRLFF at the moment, but the game is still solid. I love it. It DOES take a bit of time to get used to the controls, but once you do, you get unique and fun gameplay that can constantly be varied with the vast cache of mods.

turner23x

Post by turner23x » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:10 am

awesome
frogger
Last edited by turner23x on Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.