Possible Lugaru multiplayer types

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
Albab
This title is part one ...

Post by Albab » Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:24 pm

Oni was missing melee weapons REALLY badly. It ruined the game. Well, that and the total lack of location damage.
I think we should just wait for the new MP modes... We have more than enough ideas.

Homocidal Ham

Post by Homocidal Ham » Sat Oct 08, 2005 8:19 pm

i know you said its too late but i thought of something really cool,
its were players try to play out the single player game, but every one starts as an npc, and they have to kill turner to become him, but once you become turner you have to fight other players who are the
npcs and if you kill turner you become turner, the goal is to be turner the longest, sort of a competative co-op

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Sat Oct 15, 2005 7:17 pm

That's just like the Juggernaut option from Halo 2, without the Juggernaut's special powers.

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Sun Oct 16, 2005 3:03 pm

I can't remember if these were mentioned:
Assassin: A slight twist on that defending the village thing. It would be one guy vs. everyone else. And he has to kill someone, or something...er...yeah...

One Flag CTF: The flags in the middle, get it to your base or die trying...

KOTH: King of the Hill, standard but fun.

LMOTH: you have a set # of lives, try to be the last person who has control of the flag...yeah...sure its been used, but its fun right?

There was this cool mod I played in Quake 3 and UT...yeah yeah, but it was fun. The weapons, damages, and rates of fire had been modified so that everything fire massive amounts but did less damage. It was called Excessive. I thought it was great, but thats me. Something along those lines for Lugaru?

Okay, here's a retarded idea, but it just popped into my head. Everyone can jump really, really, really, high, and you can only damage (or maybe just plain kill) each other while flying through the air...JUMP MATCHES!!! WHEEEEEEE!!!!

Sorry if any of these have been mentioned before.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Mon Oct 17, 2005 1:52 pm

Some of those are just plain strange. :?

zip
lugaruguru

Post by zip » Mon Oct 17, 2005 5:21 pm

Grayswandir wrote: Okay, here's a retarded idea, but it just popped into my head. Everyone can jump really, really, really, high, and you can only damage (or maybe just plain kill) each other while flying through the air...JUMP MATCHES!!! WHEEEEEEE!!!!
That is also a Q3 mod is it not?

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Mon Oct 17, 2005 5:30 pm

zip wrote:
Grayswandir wrote: Okay, here's a retarded idea, but it just popped into my head. Everyone can jump really, really, really, high, and you can only damage (or maybe just plain kill) each other while flying through the air...JUMP MATCHES!!! WHEEEEEEE!!!!
That is also a Q3 mod is it not?
It was? *shrugs* I've never heard of it...therefore, obviously :wink: it never existed in Q3!

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Mon Oct 17, 2005 5:31 pm

Renegade_Turner wrote:Some of those are just plain strange. :?
Strange yes....but would they be fun and interesting is the main idea.

Evil Penguin

Post by Evil Penguin » Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:06 am

Exactly, a lot of games now adays have no interesting concepts, with a terrible plot, I want my Marathon IV!

Crill3
Indecisive titler

Post by Crill3 » Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:38 am

Seriously, why do everyone love Marathon?

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:48 am

What is Marathon?

Evil Penguin

Post by Evil Penguin » Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:50 am

There are a million subtleties which you could not begin to understand... :P
Wait... You don't know what Marathon is? *Starts shaking uncontrollably* G-g-get awa-ay f-f-f-ro-m-m me... That is like not knowing what Marathon 2: Durandal, or Marathon: Infinity is!

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:01 am

@Renegade: Marathon was one of the first FPS's with an actual storyline to come out on Mac. Plus, it was the first Mac only FPS of its time. And it was made by Bungie...yeah.

@Crill3: Why do I love Marathon? Because Marathon rocks. It has a great story (well the first two, the third one just confuses the heck out of me), great weapons, and its fun in multiplayer. For it's day, it was (and still is) on of the more original games I've played. Gameplay wise, it just beats the pants of of HALO. Sure, it doesn't have all the flashy graphics, but it introduced a bunch of new stuff to the FPS gaming scene...like alternate firing weapons, two handed weapons, a STORYLINE (other than, demons attack, blast the f**kers!!!) If you really want to go off, its basically HALO's predecessor...but that goes off on another topic, and this forum is about Lugaru...so yeah. Go to http://marathon.bungie.org/story if you want more info n' stuff.

zip
lugaruguru

Post by zip » Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:46 am

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:21 pm

I doubt that just because Marathon was one of the most original games of its time, or because it introduced a set of ideas to the FPS genre that you can say it was better than Halo. People say that really old games were better than modern games are all the time, but it just seems like nonsense to me. It's not even a challenge in my opinion. Like saying the old Final Fantasy games were better or GoldenEye for the N64. Those games were brilliant then, not now. Even average games from this day can beat them easily.

Sorry for going off-topic. I felt I needed to get that off my chest.