Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:14 am

True enough EP...true enough.
You could say that I type faster than my brain can think...ehehehehe

Evil Penguin

Post by Evil Penguin » Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:30 am

You might want to have a little disclaimer, in fine print, like: "Does not know what it is typing, spews random stuff, if you are offended easily, beware." ;)

zip
lugaruguru

Post by zip » Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:22 am

The opinions expressed by members of this forum are not nessecarily the opinions of Wolfire Software, please remember that if you don't like what somebody says =p

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:59 am

Usagi wrote:This may seem odd coming from someone who obviously doesn’t have a problem with bloody action, and can accept the concept of hacking off the limbs of enemies and beating them to death with them, or stabbing corpses to create an interesting pattern of blood, but this suggestion can only be the product of someone who is either intentionally trying to be outrageous by being completely over-the-top, or is a total waste of human flesh.

If you’re trying to be outrageous, then know this: your idea is no funnier than raping women and beating them to death for fun. If you truly think this is an entertaining idea, then you have no business above ground: you should be under it inspiring the cabbages.

Play back through the campaign and pay attention to what turns Turner into a heartless killing machine: the death of his child and the brutalization of his wife. I doubt this has happened to you, but you’ve obviously already lost your heart. You should apologize to the entire forum for this insult; if you don’t you should be banned; if you aren’t I’ll never visit this forum nor play Lugaru again.
Now if HE hasn't been given a warning, I'll be particularly outraged. Grayswandir or whoever it was didn't intentionally try to insult him, and then Usagi just starts acting like a prick for no reason. I have been given a warning for a whole lot less than that. Yes, he is certainly a "total waste of human flesh". Watch what you say, hypocrite.

P.S. I would also appreciate if everything a person says doesn't get dramatized.

I apologize for being a bit harsh, but it had to be said to him.

Evil Penguin

Post by Evil Penguin » Thu Oct 20, 2005 1:45 pm

Lets just drop the subject.
B.O.T. What about co-op?

Usagi
Screenshot Superhero

Post by Usagi » Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:32 pm

:!:
Last edited by Usagi on Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ninjas

Post by Ninjas » Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:30 pm

I scanned back through and didn't see it mentioned (even though it seems painfully obvious), but Halo and Marathon shared another thing-- the same developers. I think it fair game to compare the newer products put out by a team with the old ones especially when they are in the same genre.

My idea--

How about a variation on cops and robbers. When red team frags blue team's player (or vice versa) they go to the prison (a specified area) and can be set free by a teammate by being 'pulled' out of the prison. Game ends when all of one team is in prison.

zip
lugaruguru

Post by zip » Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:01 am

Indeed, I've played the Marathon series sine about '98.
Halo is definitely the spiritual sucessor to Marathon.

Evil Penguin

Post by Evil Penguin » Fri Oct 21, 2005 7:09 am

I agree with you Zip, but M$ corrrupted the Halo game, they completely twisted it, and it sucks.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:55 am

Usagi, that was a poor attempt to get me angry. I stand by my opinion of the needlessness of your chiding.

Evil Penguin

Post by Evil Penguin » Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:07 pm

Agh! All these newbies corrupting the forum! :)

toshiro

Post by toshiro » Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:53 pm

The Halo series, a spiritual successor to the Marathon series?
Maybe... But I wouldn't bet on it. The backstory was nowhere near as intricate, and Bungie caved in to the 'make the gamer a hero'. You were just the henchman back in Marathon, remember?

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:00 pm

HALO's story was pretty simple, and linear too...of course there was no random text to mess with your head and being a henchman rocked...plus he had the 'tude...and those double hand-cannons (WST-EM5 Shotguns)...And your friendly NPCs could actually hold their own against the enemy!!! I mean, what is WITH that?!!! They're supposed to be little chicken-sh**s...and they're supposed to act as ammo givers and extra armor...stupid HALO AI... :twisted:

On the note of Lugaru coop...perhaps if special levels designed for more than one player were developed?

Evil Penguin

Post by Evil Penguin » Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:23 pm

You were a marine in Marathon, and Leela was helping you do your job, then Durandal stole you, it is funny when the AI start fighting over you. :)
And yes, a single grunt could take out my entire marine platoon in Halo, the AI sucked.
And they were not hand-cannons, they were shotguns.

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:16 pm

Evil Penguin wrote:And yes, a single grunt could take out my entire marine platoon in Halo, the AI sucked.
And they were not hand-cannons, they were shotguns.
Hmm...when I played the marines weren't too bad (when they didn't need to be)...which is what I was complaining about, they're supposed to sit there so you can take them out and then steal their ammo...
Also I did say shotgun...WST-EM5 Shotguns (should be WSTE-M5 shotguns)...I just called it a handcannon because he holds it in one hand and it splatters things...hehehe....