Possible Lugaru multiplayer types

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
invertin

Post by invertin » Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:30 pm

Sorta like dead or alive 3, no randomisation but when you kick someone out of a window, or off a cliff you jump off and land safely, just in time for them to get up.

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:47 pm

I never played Dead or Alive.
I was thinking more of Clay fighter for Nintendo 64.
anyway, that would be so cool...

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:41 pm

Colicedus wrote:
BunnyWithStick wrote:HELL YEAH!!! :shock:

Yeah, I like that sort of thing alright. :P
Than whats with the :P ?
I always thought people were being cheeky or sarcastic or both when you use that emoticon... :?
It was used because I was stating the obvious. Though it may not have been quite so obvious. :P

Kalexon
Kalexon

Post by Kalexon » Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:17 am

To get back on topic.

After seeing the Multiplayer update in the blog I got a sudden idea for a Multiplayer type: Blackshades Mode.

Two teams. On one team there would be a whole bunch of assassains that could blend into the populace of a huge city, on the other, two people. One would be the target and the other would be the guard. The target couldn't attack or in any way defend itself and it's speed would be slowed to a walk, while the guard is immune to all attacks, and can focus on someone acting suspicious and see if they are a NPC or an assassain, maybe being tipped off by seeing a concealed weapon? The assassains try to kill the target either by charging up to him or good old stealth.

So basicly the target and guard would start out at the far end of the city and the game would end either by the target getting killed or making it out the city gates.

tallyl.iii

Post by tallyl.iii » Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:07 pm

It would kind of suck to be the target though. I mean you'd have to walk straight for a quite while and not even be able to dodge.

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:49 pm

an NPC could do the job of that then :D

Kalexon
Kalexon

Post by Kalexon » Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:34 pm

True, but if the target was played by a real person then they might be smart enough to dodge into a building or something if things get hairy.

Though your right, it would probably be better if the target was an NPC. Or maybe have the option to have the target be an NPC or a player?

wormguy

Post by wormguy » Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:32 pm

I dunno, being the target would be fun if you could defend yourself. Just make them weaker than the guard. It would be fun to be able to take cover among the populace, but we're not playing Assassin's Creed here. We'll just have to see how the engine handles NPCs...

marmorek

Post by marmorek » Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:10 pm

Kalexon wrote:After seeing the Multiplayer update in the blog I got a sudden idea for a Multiplayer type: Blackshades Mode.
Sweet idea.

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:23 pm

Oh yea... what would Multiplayer be like if i did constant wall jump spam?
I have a tendency of Jumping, and Spinning off a wall. I think there should also be more variants of this attack, like stomping on some ones head, and Spinning around off a wall jump with your katana, having a Dismemberment party.

leDoOd
What custom title?

Post by leDoOd » Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:48 pm

Kalexon wrote:To get back on topic.

After seeing the Multiplayer update in the blog I got a sudden idea for a Multiplayer type: Blackshades Mode.

Two teams. On one team there would be a whole bunch of assassains that could blend into the populace of a huge city, on the other, two people. One would be the target and the other would be the guard. The target couldn't attack or in any way defend itself and it's speed would be slowed to a walk, while the guard is immune to all attacks, and can focus on someone acting suspicious and see if they are a NPC or an assassain, maybe being tipped off by seeing a concealed weapon? The assassains try to kill the target either by charging up to him or good old stealth.

So basicly the target and guard would start out at the far end of the city and the game would end either by the target getting killed or making it out the city gates.
That would be excellent, even more so if the game implemented crowd dynamics like in Assassin's Creed. However, I think instead of totally nerfing the VIP, what about something simple, like a stun attack or a light punch, or an "adrenaline boost" or "temporary invisibility" sort of powerup that helps them escape danger, just so the person playing them doesn't get completely bored out of their skull from dying every single time.

tallyl.iii

Post by tallyl.iii » Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:58 pm

Ooh! I just got an idea. The target could be unable to directly attack but be able to do advanced acrobatics or have the others not be able to do them and also have him be a little faster. He could maybe be the only one who can do wall jumps and flips and could sprint. So if the assassins came after the VIP they'd have to use teamwork to trap the VIP and keep him from just wall jumping away.

EDIT: Also it wouldn't be a distance thing. You could require the VIP(henceforth to be referred to as the VIR, because I just realized how ridiculous it is to call a rabbit a Very Important Person) to survive for a period of time and, if the VIR camped away from the open area, he could be spawned in the main area after a minute or so.

Albab
This title is part one ...

Post by Albab » Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:21 am

Crowd dynamics in this could be incredible. Maybe the assassins could hear him breathing heavily as they got nearer, or something? But yeah, if there's a lot of buildings, say, two guards, and a lot of assassins, that could be the coolest game mode ever.

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:09 pm

I just realised how strange it is to be a rabbit and call another rabbit a VIR, as that's like being a human and calling another human a VIH.

invertin

Post by invertin » Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:30 am

Superbunny
There is 2 types of rabbits, Superbunnys and wimps, one of the rabbits is randomly chosen to be the superbunny and the others are stuck as wimps (Superbunnys are faster, stronger, and have a little warning so they know just when to reverse. The wimps are normal.) Only the superbunny can score points for killing so the wimps have to work together to stop him. The wimp to deliver the last blow becomes the new superbunnny and the old superbunny is respawned as a wimp.

Now imagine that, with silb as the superbunny.