Possible Lugaru multiplayer types

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
cachiporrin
Froot Loop!!!

Post by cachiporrin » Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:39 pm

i have 2 ideas
1) Gladiator mode
2)Big war mode: For example, is like a teammatch, teams with 20 rabbits fighting until the final. Like STAR WARS or the lord of the rings

tallyl.iii

Post by tallyl.iii » Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:20 pm

Gladiator?

Explain.

And. . . how is Big War mode different from Team DM with a high player cap?
hdlsa, in 'Forum Rules,' wrote:5. Please keep the conversation above 2nd grade level; basic spelling and grammar are appreciated.

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:58 pm

Why not in that game of Big War you are in a plain, but there are the animations of 1000s and 1000s of rabbits (maybe in Low Detail) that are not in game, but look like there Killing each other, but do not have an effect on game play, you simply Fight like an arena.
Last edited by Colicedus on Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nuky
Plutonium Handler

Post by Nuky » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:46 pm

Colicedus; Now explain how that would work?

Big War... Might mean it requires more tactics, less ramboing, and longer playtime than in team deathmatch..

But then again, nobody stops you from doing that in tdm as well. It's up to the players, I guess...

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:29 pm

Aw, no one likes the gametype idea I wrote up?

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:38 am

I can't remember the gametype you wrote up.

cachiporrin
Froot Loop!!!

Post by cachiporrin » Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:29 pm

the superbunny and dead or alive mod are the best ideas

Xegrot

Post by Xegrot » Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:30 pm

I don't know if this has been mentioned or not but my idea is KIND of from Prince of Persia: Warrior Within.

Duel Race: Two hallways filled with every trap imaginable. Two rabbits. One goal: Reach the end and NOT get your fuzzy ass kicked! The two players will have to get past traps, climb, jump from wall to wall, and use acrobatics(?) to manuver their way through the different rooms, gathering checkpoints along the way. If one of them dies, they will respawn at their last checkpoint. Then, the two players will meet in a giant room, and have the option to fight or keep going until they reach the end. If they get close and engage in combat, all the doors in the room will seal. The one who wins gets a leaping start. The other goes back to their last checkpoint! May the fastest, and strongest rabbit win!

Team Duel Race: It's the same as single-duel race, only each hallway is harder and you have three other friends on your side. You must reach the end, but you must also work together. (If there are any teamworking abilities such as standing on top of each other to get to a high ledge and then lowering a rope down or vaulting one person across a gap and then getting that person to lower a bridge of some kind, THIS would be the time to use it!) But be careful! Each teammate has to gather their own seperate checkpoint, and each of them only have three lives! So there may be teammates left out or teammates left behind, so it's a risky game! There will be a big room in the center where the hallways intersect like in single-duel, but this time, you HAVE to fight! All the doors will seal once all the players are inside, its a battle to the death. The team that eliminates the other team will get first dibs on the finish. The other team will go back to their checkpoints, and lose a life! Luckily, the people that are eliminated first don't have to wait for their team to get finished off to continue. They will respawn quickly, and they can wait outside the door to the big room until it opens! Whichever team reaches the end wins! If it's a tie, the team with the people that have the most lives win. If its a complete tie, they will have to battle it out in the big room one last time! May the best team of rabbits win!

Whoo, thats a doozy! :shock: :D

Ink

Post by Ink » Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:20 am

has anyone played the Hidden: source game?
For those who haven't played it:
It's a game where you have one team with guys with guns, and the second "team" is a "hidden" player. The player is only a bit visible, and runs very fast with a knife. Then the guys with the guns try to kill the hidden player, while he takes them down one by one. it's great fun. Also, the maps are very dark and full of shadows, so it's really creepy too! :)

I think that a game like this would be cool in Lugaru 2! :razz:
(without the guns, of course.)

Also, maybe a bit off-topic, will players be able to voice communicate with each other?

Crill3
Indecisive titler

Post by Crill3 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:03 am

Isn't that the hide and seek maps in Garrys Mod?

Ink

Post by Ink » Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:44 am

I do believe it's a separate mod.
I haven't played the hide and seek thing in Garry's mod. I just screw around making floating tables and stuff. :)

wormguy

Post by wormguy » Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:55 pm

Xegrot wrote:Duel and Team Duel Race: stuff
I really like this.

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:05 pm

Yeah, I'm sure we can just make a map for something like that. It's not a bad idea.

In soldat you can also have racing games. The red and blue teams start off at the same place and go through the level fighting each other. At the end of the map they reach their red and blue flags right next to each other. The first team that gets there simply picks up the other team's flag and walks ten feet to the other one.

The map designers also put in little traps, like making parts of the floor look spikey and when you touch these parts you die.

NickD
Charlotte Brontë

Post by NickD » Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:53 pm

Anything that includes stealthing is my type of multiplayer mode. As a matter of fact, I stealthed my way home just the other night. I was completely unnoticed 8) . And I've only been gone for a week, and there's already like... 5 new people :P . So for all you noobs: Hi. And welcome.... to the forums that is :D . noobs

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:30 pm

NickD ladies and gentlemen.

I wonder how you would play stealth games (where you're invisible/translucent) in a hand to hand combat game where your character automatically aims his attacks. Or what about throwing knives, would that be automatically aimed too?

Well maybe that's not important, because you'd only be using stealth to stay away from your enemies unless you're trying to back stab them. The main thing would be to capture the flag or something without them noticing you.