Possible Lugaru multiplayer types

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:33 am

comon, well waste Silb in pvp :roll:

Heres another one

No one Gets out alive
a game of Instagib, but only the kicks (Round house/Rabbit kick/wall kick) perform the instagib attack. Punching can not do any damage and just knocks him back. There are no respawns until everyone is dead, when the winner is victories, he dose some some suicidal move (Punches himself in the gut and Rips out his heart) of cores the kick is able to be countered.

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:57 am

Here's an idea for another game type.
A Wolf in Rabbit's Clothing:
All players except for two are normal rabbits.
One player is randomly selected and told at the beginning of the round that they are "The Target". They look exactly like everyone else but their attacks are slightly different and do more damage.
The other randomly selected player is told that they are the "Wolf in Rabbit Skins". They look exactly like a normal rabbit but when they're standing still or attacking, they use the wolf animations. They also sound slightly different when they're hit by an attack. This player will stay in "Rabbit" mode until they hit someone with an attack. Once they land a blow, their disguise comes off and they immediately change into a slightly faster moving Wolf but with otherwise standard attributes.

The Objective:
The Target's objective is to survive the round without being killed by the Wolf.
The Wolf's objective is to kill The Target.
The other player's objective is to figure out who the Wolf is and kill that player.

A Wolf in Rabbit's Clothing (Team):
There are two teams, one team is rabbits, one team is wolves.
One player on each team is randomly selected to be The Target and another player on each team is randomly selected to be "The Traitor"
This plays similar to normal "Wolf in Rabbit's Clothing" with a few changes.

Objectives:[/b]
The Target for each team's goal is to survive to the end of the round.
The Hidden Assassin's goal for each team is to kill the opposing team's Target (in the case of this game type...the team that you're on...)
The other player's objective is to figure out who's the traitor AND if possible, kill the opposing team's Target while protecting their own Target.

invertin

Post by invertin » Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:24 am

Apocalypse
Attacks are dissabled, instead everyone can push and grab but not actually cause direct physial harm. Random deathly projectiles will fall from the sky, knives, arrows, bits of lava, ect. Players have to survive by getting cover, but instead of just all players hiding under an umbrella all day, the winner is the last person alive, so people will use people and dead bodies as sheilds to protect themselves while making sure the others don't make it out alive.

Co-op Apocalypse
Same, but this time they are given a plain old level (flat, no cover) and the players are given a warning just before the projectiles fall. Extra points are awarded for savng someones live (e.g pushing someone out of the way as arrows fall from the sky) and points are taken away for killing (Pushing somene into the area the arrows are coming).

Avekmaul

Post by Avekmaul » Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:33 am

Tower Defence
Incoming waves of enemies run along a road, trying to get to the end of it.
Players must place NPC "towers" which automatically "throw" knives, arrows, etc. at the incoming enemies along the road.
Resources to build new towers being awarded for each enemy killed and wave defeated.
Every time an enemy manages to reach the other side, the player(s) lose a life, losing too many causes defeat.
The players themselves may also join the fray.

Tower Survival
Same as Tower Defence, but each player gets a different road which they must defend.
Last man standing wins.

Team Tower Survival
Same as Tower Survival, though the players are in teams.

Ninja vs. Samurai
Team 1 (Ninjas) must capture Team 2's (Samurai) holy relic(s) before the timer is up.
To help them, Samurai may also place traps and hire NPC guards.

zatoichi

Post by zatoichi » Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:50 pm

Lugaru isn't an rts, man.

Avekmaul

Post by Avekmaul » Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:39 pm

Yes it is.

Ok, nevermind. How about...

Nuke Warfare

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:17 pm

Dude, Lugaru and War-gooch are two different games, Different universes. get that though your head or People might start crying. :?

wormguy

Post by wormguy » Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:37 am

invertin wrote:Apocalypse
Attacks are dissabled, instead everyone can push and grab but not actually cause direct physial harm. Random deathly projectiles will fall from the sky, knives, arrows, bits of lava, ect. Players have to survive by getting cover, but instead of just all players hiding under an umbrella all day, the winner is the last person alive, so people will use people and dead bodies as sheilds to protect themselves while making sure the others don't make it out alive.

Co-op Apocalypse
Same, but this time they are given a plain old level (flat, no cover) and the players are given a warning just before the projectiles fall. Extra points are awarded for savng someones live (e.g pushing someone out of the way as arrows fall from the sky) and points are taken away for killing (Pushing somene into the area the arrows are coming).
I really like this.

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:12 am

Hey that landscape in the lugaru RTS pics looks a lot like Northland, though it's not from Northland because the characters before their lugaru-ising are definately from something else.

And yeah, Apocalypse sounds fun, very fun. Reminds me of icantcolourin style animations, actually. :)

Avekmaul

Post by Avekmaul » Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:11 am

Apocalypse reminds me of something...

Anthro-rabbits dodging objects falling from the sky? Coincidence!? I think NOT! (Or mabye yes.)
Colicedus wrote:Dude, Lugaru and War-gooch are two different games, Different universes.
But I like Warcraft III. :(
Just making suggestions, as I'm pretty sure normal "Survival" has allready been suggested.
In fact, Ninja vs. Samurai has already been suggested by David... Ah, well.
Colicedus wrote:get that though your head or People might start crying.
That's ok, tears are delicious with an olive or a twist of lemon.

The one thing I've realised, is that although most of these suggestions are pretty awesome, they're all Lugaru 1 multiplayer types.
With new game mechanics, new multiplayer types could be possible.
For instance, with drag attacks, you could have Lugaru golf. (You'd be suprised how many people would play it.)
If movement was a bit more dynamic (something I was going to suggest), then Race games would be far more interesting, etc. etc.
BunnyWithStick wrote:Hey that landscape in the lugaru RTS pics looks a lot like Northland, though it's not from Northland because the characters before their lugaru-ising are definately from something else.
It's Rise of Nations. :) Their trees, etc. are probably in a very similar style, being 2D.
In fact, I could probably edit the 2D building models to be Lugaru-like, too (giant, random blocks of stone).
BunnyWithStick wrote:And yeah, Apocalypse sounds fun, very fun.
Ditto. :)

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:04 pm

Avekmaul wrote:It's Rise of Nations. :) Their trees, etc. are probably in a very similar style, being 2D.
Age of Empires (The very first one) had 2D graphics, and it's not at all like Northland. It looks a lot like Northland because the trees actually look like they are indeed from it, even the sand on the ground in the bottom left corner looks like it's from Northland.

Kalexon
Kalexon

Post by Kalexon » Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:50 pm

Apocalypse sounds fun, but instead of random projectiles I vote for meteor shower, or something like that.

wormguy

Post by wormguy » Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:54 pm

Kalexon wrote:Apocalypse sounds fun, but instead of random projectiles I vote for meteor shower, or something like that.
You don't understand. The random shit flying from the sky makes it fun. I'm sure soft body physics would make it even better.

OH CRAP I JUST GOT SLICED IN HALF BY A FLYING SWORD

Kalexon
Kalexon

Post by Kalexon » Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:02 pm

As long as the objects can cut through other softer objects, I can see it now.

Turner crouching under an umbrella attached to those cheepy plastic tables outside of diners. Knives, and swords, and anvils bouncing off.

Nuky
Plutonium Handler

Post by Nuky » Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:50 pm

I don't think high-velocity sharp objects would bounce off an umbrella :!:

*cape gets nailed to the floor by a knife* <- <3