Hey + some questions

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
Nuky
Plutonium Handler

Hey + some questions

Post by Nuky » Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:04 am

Hey there.
I just randomly found this game after I got my mini mac. I love it! When I played it I thought 'finally an action game that's not just "shoot, jump, kill, run."'
(I've seen people call this an Action Adventure RPG, but I must dissagree in the last part. This is far from RPG (*cough* Lugaru 2? *hint*). Love the physics and stuff. Ragdolls are good!)

Anyways, I've played this game (demo) for several days in a row now, and are getting good at beating it in insane-mode even! o.0

Sorry if I ask stuff that's allready asked. But I'll just put it all in this post.

So, I realy want the full version of this game, but can't pay with paypal or any other ways. (I owe mom/dad moneys for the mac, still, and they would never pay over internet anyways.) Only place I got money is on my celly. and I'm getting desperate. I know this is stupid, but... Can I pay per sms? :oops:
No? guess not, then... I'll do ANYTHING! o.o

And when it comes to Lugaru 2, I wanted to know. Will there be one huge, open space (like in remedy's upcoming game, alan wake), or will there be levels? Also, will the game have a slight more RPG feel in it? (more walking around and talking, instead of 'one level, kill all, next level, kill all, etc.'?

I also love the new physics engine. The moving mass idea is genious (Though I think I've heard of it before... dunno). I'd like to see it in action.
I noticed that when Turner was running, he never "floated"... He always had atleast one foot on the ground, which looks funny. But I guess that's just a matter of time before it gets fixed. *cough*jumps and tricks*cough*

I'm pretty sure there was more to say, but...

Anyways, sorry for being a noobie at this forum (I hate that myself. Noobs that comes to forums and ask silly questions and... blergh!)

- Nuky

(damn, I'm sure I've forgotten something...)

Edit: oops, this was supposed to go in the Lugaru forum :/

Crill3
Indecisive titler

Post by Crill3 » Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:40 am

You are not a noob asking stupid questions :)
(at least not imo).
Oh, and welcome!

zip
lugaruguru

Re: Hey + some questions

Post by zip » Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:34 am

Nuky wrote: I noticed that when Turner was running, he never "floated"... He always had atleast one foot on the ground, which looks funny. But I guess that's just a matter of time before it gets fixed. *cough*jumps and tricks*cough*
So you would prefer him to keep his feet level even when he is on a slope?
It's a feature, not a bug =p

Lugaru 2 will have many more RPG elements.

Nuky
Plutonium Handler

Post by Nuky » Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:07 am

woohoo! ^_^

how's the story building going, btw, while we're at it.
(my personal questio-thread, eh? how lame isn't that? :/ )

Jeff
Evil Twin

Post by Jeff » Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:19 am

Good eye on the two feet on the ground at all times observation. The physics animation engine is still in rudimentary stages. Only walking has been implemented yet. Realistic running where he is actually sort of jumping like in real life instead of speed-walking has not been implemented yet. I agree that it looks funky ATM, but this is the first revision. There are many more to go, don't worry.

I don't recall anyone calling L1 an action adventure RPG. I agree that it is not an RPG at all. It is an action game. L2 will be an action/adventure RPG. Modeled loosely after Fallout, where you can explore the continent of Lugaru and interact with random villages and find stuff to do.

You are correct that L2 will have one sprawling landscape, I guess like "Alan Wake" although I have never heard of it. A better example would be like the latest GTA. If all goes as planned, there will be no load screens.

I have no idea how to pay with SMS. Do you have a friend with a credit card? Could you mail some money?

Welcome to the forums!

Nuky
Plutonium Handler

Post by Nuky » Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:29 am

Jeff wrote:Good eye on the two feet on the ground at all times observation. The physics animation engine is still in rudimentary stages. Only walking has been implemented yet. Realistic running where he is actually sort of jumping like in real life instead of speed-walking has not been implemented yet. I agree that it looks funky ATM, but this is the first revision. There are many more to go, don't worry. Thought so :)

I don't recall anyone calling L1 an action adventure RPG. I agree that it is not an RPG at all. It is an action game. L2 will be an action/adventure RPG. Modeled loosely after Fallout, where you can explore the continent of Lugaru and interact with random villages and find stuff to do. That's how me like it! :D

You are correct that L2 will have one sprawling landscape, I guess like "Alan Wake" although I have never heard of it. A better example would be like the latest GTA. If all goes as planned, there will be no load screens. Good to hear! Very nice.

I have no idea how to pay with SMS. Do you have a friend with a credit card? Could you mail some money? by sms? dunno... friends with money? nah... :) mail? I got 100,- kr (around 12$ if I'm not wrong) in my pocket... that's all. and some money in the bank, but technically, that's dad's money now (we used his money).

Welcome to the forums! Thanks!

*looks for random money lying around in his room*

zip
lugaruguru

Post by zip » Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:36 am

Stop with the small text =p

Nuky
Plutonium Handler

Post by Nuky » Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:44 am

why? I like small text. It's harder to notice, and thus harder to flame.

Usagi
Screenshot Superhero

Post by Usagi » Mon Aug 15, 2005 1:08 pm

:!:
Last edited by Usagi on Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nuky
Plutonium Handler

Post by Nuky » Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:05 pm

the potato-what?

oh, and I see no reason how small text can be annoying (I hate big text myself.. anyways, this is getting off topic, time to stop.

Lugaruman100
The wolfire forum member with no title.

Post by Lugaruman100 » Mon Aug 15, 2005 7:45 pm

Jeff wrote:You are correct that L2 will have one sprawling landscape, I guess like "Alan Wake" although I have never heard of it.

It's a game that is being developed by the same company who created max payne.

Nuky
Plutonium Handler

Post by Nuky » Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:14 am

Correct... A psychological horror game AFAIK. Got very nice light effects, and the atmosphere changes as it becomes dark/light. (Maybe something for lugaru 2? day/night shifting?)

Xiao

Post by Xiao » Sun Sep 04, 2005 12:13 pm

Nuky wrote:the potato-what?

oh, and I see no reason how small text can be annoying (I hate big text myself.. anyways, this is getting off topic, time to stop.
Small text is annoying becuse it's as hard as hell to read.

But yeah, I agree, back on topic ladies. XD

ridestowe

Re: Hey + some questions

Post by ridestowe » Sun Sep 04, 2005 4:24 pm

zip wrote:
Nuky wrote: I noticed that when Turner was running, he never "floated"... He always had atleast one foot on the ground, which looks funny. But I guess that's just a matter of time before it gets fixed. *cough*jumps and tricks*cough*
So you would prefer him to keep his feet level even when he is on a slope?
It's a feature, not a bug =p

Lugaru 2 will have many more RPG elements.
i think he meant that he's speed walking in the game, never really goes into the air unless jumping

hdlsa
fruit salad

Post by hdlsa » Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:51 pm

Xiao wrote:
Nuky wrote:the potato-what?

Small text is annoying becuse it's as hard as hell to read.

But yeah, I agree, back on topic ladies. XD
Dont bump threads just to post something off topic.