Phoenix Engine 9-30-05 More Weapons

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
Albab
This title is part one ...

Post by Albab » Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:15 pm

xD Beautiful. I'd love explosives. That would be tasty.

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:16 pm

Ultimatum479 wrote:Pah. That blood looks unnatural without the corpses.

As for cleaving, remember that one thing which makes Lugaru fun is the challenge. Enemies can do what you can. Would you like Turner to try to fight one-handed?
Yes. And he should be able to pick up his severed limb and beat people with it...until he dies of blood loss.

Usagi
Screenshot Superhero

Post by Usagi » Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:36 am

:!:
Last edited by Usagi on Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:16 am

Or that weapon that that insane girl from Kill Bill Vol. 1 had...whatever the heck her name was. Well that chain ball on the really really really looooong chain...WHEEE!!! Head crush galore!!! Or...or...or...a Broadsword!! Or a...a...uh...crossbow? Or even....uh....

You know, you should just be able to pick up random crap off the ground and use it as a weapon. eg: Hey look! A turtle! *beats another rabbit across the head with it* And look!! Its a tree limb!!! *beats another rabbit across the head with it*

Er....yes, I'm crazy...

Evil Penguin

Post by Evil Penguin » Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:09 pm

Ranged weapons like bows would be a little tricky to handle in a game like Lugaru, if they are in, I wonder what they will be like? Crosshairs? How would you aim? Because it would be really unbalanced if you automatically aimed like throwing knives...
@Grayswandir: Compared to my brother, you are a mild meek person, and you make a letter a capital after a period.
:P

Crill3
Indecisive titler

Post by Crill3 » Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:29 pm

Ranged weapons: No crosshairs, no first person view, just aim,
set power holding down mouse button or something, and shoot!
Me wants!

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:40 pm

Evil Penguin wrote:Ranged weapons like bows would be a little tricky to handle in a game like Lugaru, if they are in, I wonder what they will be like? Crosshairs? How would you aim? Because it would be really unbalanced if you automatically aimed like throwing knives...
@Grayswandir: Compared to my brother, you are a mild meek person, and you make a letter a capital after a period.
True, but I was just throwing out ideas...yah a crossbow would be retarded...I still like the idea of an axe that you could hack people up with...or being able to beat other people with limbs that you've had hacked off you or have hacked off other people.
@the second part: I never said I was the craziest person around. Just crazy..ish...maybe deranged and lacking common sense is a better term...or just mildly-violently-psychotic...IT RHYMES!!! WHEEEEE!!!
And no I don't put capital letters after periods, you can, but I don't...Unless I'm trying to be grammatically correct or something. ButI'mnotsoshutupn'stopbuggin'men'stuffbecauseIsaysoandnoIwon'tsoshutupn'stuffn'goaway!!! And don't get me started on being labeled the wrong gender, I've been thought of a girl online enough times that its...er...nevermind...

Back to the original topic...that scimitar one looks like you could spin it by the handle, because of the loop at the end...hehe...sweet.

Usagi
Screenshot Superhero

Post by Usagi » Tue Oct 11, 2005 2:02 pm

Last edited by Usagi on Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Evil Penguin

Post by Evil Penguin » Tue Oct 11, 2005 2:53 pm

Grayswandir wrote:
Evil Penguin wrote:Ranged weapons like bows would be a little tricky to handle in a game like Lugaru, if they are in, I wonder what they will be like? Crosshairs? How would you aim? Because it would be really unbalanced if you automatically aimed like throwing knives...
True, but I was just throwing out ideas...yah a crossbow would be retarded...I still like the idea of an axe that you could hack people up with...or being able to beat other people with limbs that you've had hacked off you or have hacked off other people.
@the second part: I never said I was the craziest person around. Just crazy..ish...maybe deranged and lacking common sense is a better term...or just mildly-violently-psychotic...IT RHYMES!!! WHEEEEE!!!
And no I don't put capital letters after periods, you can, but I don't...Unless I'm trying to be grammatically correct or something. ButI'mnotsoshutupn'stopbuggin'men'stuffbecauseIsaysoandnoIwon'tsoshutupn'stuffn'goaway!!! And don't get me started on being labeled the wrong gender, I've been thought of a girl online enough times that its...er...nevermind...

Back to the original topic...that scimitar one looks like you could spin it by the handle, because of the loop at the end...hehe...sweet.
I agree, like in Rune, beating someone to death with their own head is incredibly fun.
I cannot imagine you being labeled the wrong gender, online I play with a good deal of girls, (before Katrina, 2 of them died in it. 0_o) and most of them act nothing like you, except for a couple, and they are really weird. =) (Not meant as a insult.)

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Tue Oct 11, 2005 3:13 pm

I think they thought I was a girl because this is my avatar:
Yeah I know strange people...well actually it was her face originally, but I got bored and wanted to see how people would react...

I did notice something, is that the AI controlled bunnies don't throw knives in L1...is that going to be added in L2?

Evil Penguin

Post by Evil Penguin » Tue Oct 11, 2005 4:00 pm

I hope so, it would make the game a lot harder, even on Insane, I felt that L1 was rather easy.
Why would they think that because you had that avatar you were a girl? 0_o

Kalexon
Kalexon

Post by Kalexon » Tue Oct 11, 2005 4:54 pm

I agree, If I saw that as an avatar, that just screams "MALE!"

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Tue Oct 11, 2005 5:59 pm

Kalexon wrote:I agree, If I saw that as an avatar, that just screams "MALE!"
The people on that forums are geeks? They lack social skills? They've never seen a real woman before? I dunno...it was funny though.

EDIT: not saying im not a geek or anything...I probably am, and I'm probably proud of it too.

Evil Penguin

Post by Evil Penguin » Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:06 pm

Crill3 wrote:Ranged weapons: No crosshairs, no first person view, just aim,
set power holding down mouse button or something, and shoot!
Me wants!
How would you aim? With the mouse? That is used for the camera, with the movement keys? That would be a nightmare, can you imagine trying to aim with your movement keys?

Usagi
Screenshot Superhero

Post by Usagi » Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:05 pm

Last edited by Usagi on Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.