Idea for using custom maps more easily...

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Idea for using custom maps more easily...

Post by Grayswandir » Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:47 pm

I think its great that people are making custom maps for Lugaru, and I assume more will be made for Lugaru 2...but there's something that I've found annoying, maybe its just me. Lets take a random custom map, which well call map "x" for now. You load the map, and of course, its covered with baddies and other such things. So lets say you die or kill all the enemies. If you die, it sits there and flashes the loading screen image over and over until you end the level and choose a different map. If you kill all the enemies, you become the never-ending lord of dead corspes that you can pratice your golf drives with...even with the objectives set to kill all enemies, the level won't end.

I suggest that a auto-restart,an auto-switch, and an auto-assign objectives be implemented. So if you die, it restarts map x, and if you win, it switches to the next level. Perhaps set up some kind of text file where you could list the customs maps you want to play and in what order. Then load the list through the terminal, where it would then load the first map and go through each one in the order you picked. Giving awards, scores, etc. at the end of each level.

So what do you think?

Vib Rib
Lugaru da Vinci

Post by Vib Rib » Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:36 pm

If you make a custom campaign, the level ends correctly.
The problem only occurs when using the "map [map name]" code.

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:30 pm

Vib Rib wrote:If you make a custom campaign, the level ends correctly.
The problem only occurs when using the "map [map name]" code.
Yeah, I know, I meant as a fix for that problem when you aren't using a campaign....

Nuky
Plutonium Handler

Post by Nuky » Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:25 am

Well, I don't think there will be any level making, thinking of that this is a game where you can roam a whole piece of land, do whatever you want, instead of levels... afaik.

Crill3
Indecisive titler

Post by Crill3 » Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:56 am

Yes, there will be level making.
David told us.

Nuky
Plutonium Handler

Post by Nuky » Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:38 am

nice... I guess it will be more freestyle then? including terrain editor, I mean?