Lugaru 2 11-16-05 Concept Art

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
Zantalos
The Postman

Yup, never a good idea to leave clothes for the taking

Post by Zantalos » Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:32 pm

Well, for all intents and purposes, I'm taking into acount that their will be buildings like we saw. Their was a post about how Turner was able to make campfires, which would eventually lead to maybe an actual home. That the case, then users will be able to store all the things they recieved in there. Especially since there have been all these new weapon ideas, I think 8 or more. This brings a new question to mind, will NPC's be free moving characters instead of just stationary talking points? Maybe a "patrol path," or just let the NPC's run wild (dunno if that can be done) and have both friendly and non-friendly characters at different locations settings. Man, I hope this will be a free roaming game, maybe similar to Ubisoft's PC game, FarCry.

Jeff
Evil Twin

Post by Jeff » Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:51 pm

Lugaru 2 is going to be realistic, like Lugaru 1. There will be no magic backpacks or anything like that.

NPCs will be much more dynamic. Free roaming is the key word. Lugaru 2 is going to be totally open. It will be an RPG.

Sectaurs

Post by Sectaurs » Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:32 pm

and lets just say, don't leave your prized possessions in a bag on the beach while you go swimming...

Nuky
Plutonium Handler

Post by Nuky » Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:13 am

Jeff wrote:Lugaru 2 is going to be realistic, like Lugaru 1. There will be no magic backpacks or anything like that.
Yay! Glad to hear. Magic backpacks ruins all the realism in many games.
Jeff wrote:NPCs will be much more dynamic. Free roaming is the key word. Lugaru 2 is going to be totally open. It will be an RPG.
I can't... I just can't imagine how awesome this game would be...
I have seen no games like it... Anthropomorphic bunny running around, but the game is still realistic as f**!
And it keeps getting better! And you haven't really started on gameplay yet (that I know of)!

From my point of view, this game could even beat zelda at some points! (And NO game - I mean NO game - have ever done that)

But who knows... I haven't played it yet. :)
/me tries to stop himself for being overoptimistic, which may have bad effects even if the final result really IS as good as estimated.

Sectaurs wrote:and lets just say, don't leave your prized possessions in a bag on the beach while you go swimming...
*After swimming around alot, Turner decides that he should get up from the water again. After all he's a bunny, which are not the best swimmers in the world. Uppon ascendind thy beach, he notices something is different. His prized possessions... his clothes! It's all gone! AMAGAWD! :o * Game Over.

levbot
mad tweaker

Post by levbot » Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:49 pm

jeff... will there be some sort of realty?

Nuky
Plutonium Handler

Post by Nuky » Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:25 am

You know... Here's a small story...
You (turner) are being followed by two big bad scary wolfieboys with the intention to kill you or be killed in the try. Nothing will stop them. They hate you more than anything. So, you manage to split them up by drowning your smelly armpits in a river. One goes up (after you), the other one searches further down. Somehow, you manage to surprice-attack the wolf, giving you a small advantage. The wolf cries for his brother. After some fighting, cutting, stabbing and rockthrowing, you break his neck and somehow survives. You are wounded yourself, and blood are oozing out of a deep cut on your leg. So, you're slowed down by your leg, and have to move quickly, cause his brother wolfieboy are coming pretty soon. You (->) crawl (<-note!) out of the river. The wind blows you in the face, which sure is a bad thing, cause the hairy one behind you have catched the smell of blood. So, you get of your blood-poured pants, throw them over to the other side of the river to confuse your enemy, stabs the bloodstenched, prescious knife (which you don't wanna loose) in the ground and packs it in with leaves, and manages to escape for long enough to treat your leg and bind it with leaves?).

Would this be likely to happen? Possible? :O

levbot
mad tweaker

Post by levbot » Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:45 am

uhmmmm wow.. i'm afraid it wont be that dope.

Silb
Master cartographer

Post by Silb » Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:50 am

Now that would be stunning gameplay! Past the point of awesomeness by a mile. High-five!

Sectaurs

Post by Sectaurs » Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:12 pm

I won't say anything definite, but don't be so quick to dismiss such a scenario happening.

And always clean off your knives! Blood could ruin a perfectly nice stabby-toy.

Eric
Support Ninja Master

Post by Eric » Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:49 pm

Sectaurs wrote:And always clean off your knives! Blood could ruin a perfectly nice stabby-toy.
Not to mention that it helps the wolves smell you. I like the idea Sectaurs implies there of having weapons loose their something (durability in other video games, maybe damage here) if you don't take care of it. Maybe for every x number of seconds without cleaning the weapon after use it loses x number of damage per hit. That'd be sweet, ultimately it could decrease all the way to 0 damage and be entirely useless.

Silb
Master cartographer

Post by Silb » Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:01 pm

Now that you mention it David posted this rusty sword a while ago:
http://wolfire.com/rustysword.jpg

Now would it be pushing realism too far to be able to oil your sword with Japanese choji (or something of the sort) that helps prevent rusting? Or perhaps blades don't all rust at the same speed depending on the quality of the steel?
I wouldn't put this level of detail past Lugaru :)