No female characters planned?

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
Korban3

Re: No female characters planned?

Post by Korban3 » Wed May 16, 2012 12:31 am

Mmhm, that's the aim for OG as well. But I believe David wants to do more to differentiate between genders this time, beyond the names and whether or not their shirt was pink.

pure_krogan89

Post by pure_krogan89 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:21 pm

Agreed. The rabbit and wolf skins could very much be considered unisex and the only real difference between the two was the skin color and clothes (note that all the female characters had white fur.) Unfortunately, the same can not be said for Overgrowth. Turner, the guards, and wolves definitely have a more rugged look about them, and can't be used as female. With real rabbits, it's impossible to tell the gender without violating their privacy, however the rabbits in Overgrowth have a significant human humanoid mutation, making them, in my opinion, more human than rabbit. They will definitely need some subtle yet obvious (contradiction?) differences in body type.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure all of these topics have been covered already and this post was meaningless, but I like to hear myself talk, so it's all good.

ChampionKnifeFighter

Post by ChampionKnifeFighter » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:38 am

Adding females for the sake of sex appeal is the opposite of a "Professional".

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:54 am

Which is why the devs have no plan of doing so.

Cleptomancer

Post by Cleptomancer » Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:10 pm

ImageFreya Cresent is a perfect example an an anthropomorphic female without being overly sexualized. When I picture females in Wolfire I think about characters like her.

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:00 pm

Not a bad example at all. Definitely more in-line with OG than a lot of games female characters are.
EDIT: TYPOS SO MANY TYPOS

Zdzisiu

Post by Zdzisiu » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:31 pm

ChampionKnifeFighter wrote:Adding females for the sake of sex appeal is the opposite of a "Professional".
And what means "professional" for you? Because I think professional means make money - and sex appeal are one of the most effective thing.

For example if they could add oversexualised female characters, I could buy preorder. And on this case I just w8 for game without any special enthusiasm - last time I checked this forum ~1 year ago.