No female characters planned?

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
Ozymandias

Re: No female characters planned?

Post by Ozymandias » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:11 am

zzwerty wrote:I seriousley doubt many people will really enjoy rabbits, uh, doing that sort of thing, let alone bipedal rats.
You would be surprised.

Cadrega

Post by Cadrega » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:56 am

It's called Rule 34 of the internet.
The above link is "safe for work", the results of said rules definetly aren't. :mrgreen:

Cube

Post by Cube » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:32 pm

I am totaly into that kind of thing and rule 34...Rats are adorable... Like the ratonga in everquest 2 mine was adorable and had breast for some Freaky reason...

and i could dress her in sexy outfits. Come to think of it that is why i bought the game.. It was like playing dungeons and dragons and dressing up a sick and twisted barbie doll to use as a play piece.

there she is on the left in green in fact....

But not into females though really most of the time... I had some lizards frogs and Male Rats too..They did not get sexy outfits the male rats. People would still hit on my female Rat all the time though and give them gifts and stuff One time I got more tips than a female human in my group dressed in the same outfit, it was a group of tiger people though. Some dudes did the same with my male rat too once.

But It will never happen for this game though so who cares? No kangaroos either (huge mistake).

If you want them then play second life and make your own characters using the new mesh support in 3d studio max hours of fun I do it all the time.

But i am a freak and nobody else would like it.

Ozymandias

Post by Ozymandias » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:54 am

I wouldn't be really interested in seeing characters (male or female) in 'sexy' clothes, unless it was part of their character (they're a prostite, for example).

Armor that makes them look 'sexy' is really bad in videogames... or if not bad, just dumb.

Here's a fun link for you

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:20 am

Ozymandias wrote:I wouldn't be really interested in seeing characters (male or female) in 'sexy' clothes, unless it was part of their character (they're a prostite, for example).
Because everyone who looks good sells themselves. :roll: Yeah, that's just an example, but still...

Female armour? It doesn't really differ from male armour.

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/spiers-saddlery_2146_22265922

Ozymandias

Post by Ozymandias » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:10 am

I don't know if you have heard of a game called "Mount and Blade" but they prety much got it right in that game.

I'm talking abooot armor that doesn't look very protective, has huge boob spike things, etc.

I'd like to see the girl in that picture be able to strike the same pose while wearing a suit of boob spikes...

Actually I wouldn't that would be dumb.

Cadrega

Post by Cadrega » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:12 am

kehaar

Post by kehaar » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:03 pm

:lol: Awesome.

Ere Was I

Post by Ere Was I » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:02 am

I thought Alyx is Half Life 2 was a pretty well-constructed female character, but the setting did sort of let Valve avoid the issue of cloth-scrap-and-heart-shaped-plate armor.

Something tells me people didn't actually dress this way in Persia.

pookaguy

Post by pookaguy » Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:16 pm

Yeah, I've always hated how games have female armour that covers approximately 5 square inches.

Cube

Post by Cube » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:00 pm

They are fictional animal characters and not Fictional humans so who cares if they don't set good women examples and wear next to nothing and have every sexy women hero game person and RPG stereotype in the book?

If you find a place with animals that walk and 2 legs and wear armor....Tell me where it is and what kind of armor they are wearing.... and I will like move there and run away from human society as soon as possible when found.

And that will set the standard for animal armor from now on too because it will be historically accurate like those roman war documentary and we will know what animals wear to battle.

Ere Was I

Post by Ere Was I » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:27 pm

Cube wrote:They are fictional animal characters and not Fictional humans so who cares if they don't set good women examples and wear next to nothing and have every sexy women hero game person and RPG stereotype in the book?
It just gets boring having the art direction mindlessly pamper the player.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:26 am

Cube wrote:They are fictional animal characters and not Fictional humans so who cares if they don't set good women examples and wear next to nothing and have every sexy women hero game person and RPG stereotype in the book?
It matters because they are both fictional animal characters, and female heroes. The fact that they are heroes means that they act as avatars and/or role models and/or as an idealizations of a perfect female, and many people are offended when the only defining features of an idealized female is sexyness.

Disco Science

Post by Disco Science » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:34 am

Ere Was I wrote:
It just gets boring having the art direction mindlessly pamper the player.
Not only that, but — no offense — I think it's a little disingenuous to pretend that these anthropomorphized animals aren't metaphors for humans. Their appearance and movement, and yes, even behaviour to some extent, may be more animal-like, but they are bipedal sentient beings like us when you get down to it. The superficial difference makes for a pretty flimsy excuse for leaving common sense by the wayside in the name of sex appeal (or "boner-dependent loyalty", to give it another name :lol:), and Wolfire could easily, and should, do better than that.

Whittacker

Post by Whittacker » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:44 am

Wow.
Just wow.