Lugaru 2 12-25-05 Turner concept

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Fri Dec 30, 2005 6:34 pm

Ok, late reply coming through…

That sounds like a great armour and weapon system, where not only (as in other games, like the online javascript based larkinor quest) can you put something on any part of the body that isn't occupied (in this case it sounds like there is a weight/space for each body area) but it actually DOES something on most if not every part of the body (Hmm, don't go flying into him when he has a dagger strapped to his chest somehow…)

And yes, GREAT CONCEPT ART!
All I can say is: It's amazing, amazingly detailed, just the right angle for the metal plates…
Did any of you notice how the scabbard seems to be noticably shorter than the blade? (actually, quite a LOT shorter…)
So, Aubrey Serr seems to be a great artist

Sectaurs

Post by Sectaurs » Fri Dec 30, 2005 8:09 pm

If you pester david enough, he might show you some of the other goodies Aubrey has been serving us up. They're all quite good.

As for the scabbard size... its just foreshortening, making it seem much shorter and more sharply tapered than it really is.

Nazgul11
LoTR@localhost

Post by Nazgul11 » Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:42 pm

If you pester david enough, he might show you some of the other goodies Aubrey has been serving us up. They're all quite good.
...:twisted:

leDoOd
What custom title?

Post by leDoOd » Sat Dec 31, 2005 7:17 pm

BunnyWithStick wrote: Did any of you notice how the scabbard seems to be noticably shorter than the blade? (actually, quite a LOT shorter…)
I think it's the angle of which the scabbard is drawn. It appears to be curving away from the camera, making it look shorter.
It's still an amazing drawing. :P

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Sat Dec 31, 2005 8:50 pm

When I saw it, it didn't really look like "off into the distance" as I first thought, it just looked like it was short to me

It just seems a little… too short to just be an effect of perspective

Nuky
Plutonium Handler

Post by Nuky » Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:15 am

*does a headkick on nearest enemy with that shiny on his foot. "splort"*

dude, this is great!

hmmm... thinking of it, this'll mean that lugaru gets equipment/item screen, right? :)

...doh, of course! >_<

awesome...

... I want one of those, now... on my fist... and elbow... and knee... and. and. and...

:arrow:

LibrarianBrent

Post by LibrarianBrent » Sun Jan 01, 2006 4:30 pm

Can you use that scabbard as a parrying cane, similar to what you're supposed to do with a swordstick? :D

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:42 pm

:shock: I may fall over dead if that appears in-game...with foot knife and all...so...awesome...

Ninjas

Post by Ninjas » Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:26 pm

Hey everyone. I'm glad so many of you like the drawing. This one took quite some time to get right.

One of the drawbacks of having such a unique name is that it makes it easy to find out about me. As you could see from an earlier post, I have done a number of different things. Some of my older work was not so hot. I didn't even remember I had an account on conceptart.org. Maybe I should use it!

I did work at the local Wal Mart as a cake decorator, hence the cake. I did direct that movie. It came out to only 48 minutes after editing, but I was happy just to finish the project (getting a movie done is really hard). I have a degree in econ and I draw an awful lot.

I'm working on a lot of stuff to put together for a real website. Until then, a recently completed animation can be seen in a video here:

www.seakings.net

The scabbard could be too short. At times I go overboard with my perspective. Thanks for the heads up. I am always trying to improve.

Sorry for taking so long in my reply. I was out of state.

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:25 pm

Isn't it interesting how it always seems like people are talking about someone who never actually enters the conversation? (almost never)

Anyway, hello, great artist!
I don't think that it's possible to THINK that it's such-and-such, it's either 3d, 2d, or too short :P

Other than that (And the ears being rather fluffy, the kind of fluff that happens when you use Photoshop/The GIMP on something and can't quite get the right effect by using the blur tool) it's great!

I'm allowed to say things twice, as long as they aren't the same thing, right? (Really?)

Silb
Master cartographer

Post by Silb » Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:22 pm

Wow, Ninjas, you know your job - that movie at seakings.net is amazing.

What's your role in Lugaru 2 besides concept artist? Modeller?

Sectaurs

Post by Sectaurs » Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:15 pm

Silb wrote: What's your role in Lugaru 2 besides concept artist? Modeller?
Right now he's just doing concept. I say 'just' but its really quite a lot, as he is currently responsible for all the concepts needed since he was hired.

Ninjas

Post by Ninjas » Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:27 am

actually, Sectaurs is a much better modeller than I am so it would be foolish to have me doing that. He's got the mad skills.

Vib Rib
Lugaru da Vinci

Post by Vib Rib » Sat Jan 07, 2006 7:26 pm

Man, is that foot-blade just for looks, or can it actually be used at some point?

Silb
Master cartographer

Post by Silb » Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:25 am

Vib Rib wrote:Man, is that foot-blade just for looks, or can it actually be used at some point?
David wrote:In Lugaru 2 we are planning to implement a very modular armor system, where you could for example put on leather armor and then add metal plates to the front, or strap a blade to your foot for extra damage.
It's concept art, so the whole point is that it should show actual stuff.