What was the first thing you noticed about Lugaru...

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:36 pm

The only MMORPG I play now is clan lord, I used to play Puzzle Pirates, but that didn't go so well.

And Clan Lord doesn't have any "Auto-Attack" buttons, or final bosses (Unless I misunderstood you, and you just meant powerful creatures, like the ones on Metzetzli Island) or anything like that, essentially, it's one of the few uncorrupted MMORPGs.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:39 pm

I did not think I was being insulting or condescending, but okay.

Viking Zippy
Wooter

Post by Viking Zippy » Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:41 pm

Zantalos wrote:Much like my enthusiasm for the joy of ripping clothing, the ragdolls are the first thing I noticed about Lugaru. There is not another game where you're kicking people across the floor and they actually stand back up again hit you back, I was constantly getting hit when I first played and it was really fun rather than frustrating. I love the ragdoll physics, it makes these games like 10 times more fun. Oh, and the blood was also hella cool. I'd constantly try to trip over that high tower on level one and hit the pavement below to get a face bleed. And how you can stab bodies anywhere on the ground and they get a blood piercing where the blood actually bleeds downward. And, yeah you bleed out of your mouth, you bleed out of your mouth, how cool is that to watch? Very.
I couldn't agree more. There's just something magical about setting fire to a dead rabbit, setting the power to 650.0, stabbing it, and waiting 20 seconds for it to come crashing down to earth like a meteor.

Out of context, that sounds really odd ...

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:07 pm

Whoa!!!

*Goes to set power to 650.0 and stab a dead body* :twisted:

Mmm, pretty amazing :shock:

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:25 pm

Renegade_Turner wrote:I think he thinks that "boss" is the plural of "bos". It's kind of embarassing.

Also, Colicedus was saying that games like that where you don't really have much to do with the fighting like Diablo are tedious. Knights Of The Old Republic is a game where you just choose the attack, and it is carried out for you, but it is probably the greatest game I have ever played next to Half Life 2, so what you said is very shortsighted and ignorant.
Short-sighted:
maybe.
Ignorant:
Ignorance-comes-from-not-knowing-or-having-experience.
I-have-played-Too-many-of-the-games.

EQ-WoW-Runescape.
I-prove-my-point-i-speak-with-wisdom.
and-Prove-my-point.

NickD
Charlotte Brontë

Post by NickD » Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:07 am

The reason that I bought lugaru is cause... well... um...... its kinda like..... hm... why DID I buy Lugaru?!? IT FREAKING AWESOME THATS WHY! And there's another topic to bring up: What's your OCD with Lugaru? I got into the habbit over the summer of listening to Tenaciouse D whicle kicking a** with my kung fu/Kook Sool Won Tenaciouse DDT power! Thanks for letting the forum arguing people know what's right, David. Keep up the good work on L2.
By the way, check out my site: http://www.wormyadventures.com/ (It's a game that I'm making (I already have an old version of wormy on newgrounds)). Peace

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:08 am

:shock: Dude...what the f**k are you on?!!! Share the wealth man, share the wealth!!!

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:48 pm

Colicedus wrote: Short-sighted:
maybe.
Ignorant:
Ignorance-comes-from-not-knowing-or-having-experience.
I-have-played-Too-many-of-the-games.

EQ-WoW-Runescape.
I-prove-my-point-i-speak-with-wisdom.
and-Prove-my-point.
Ignorance can also mean ignoring things that do not suit your view. This is the basic concept of everything you feel being right, and any evidence contrary to this being disregarded. You were in fact being ignorant.

Also, I was not talking about MMORPG's. I don't play them. I was talking about the way you disregarded games which promote intelligent gameplay rather than action gameplay. I do note that there are also hybrids of both aspects.

You reasoned that because Diablo does not require many buttons to play it, it is a bad game. This is a rather simplistic view to take.

I note I have not played Diablo, but am instead arguing on the principle rather than the example here.

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:30 pm

Ok, back on-topic please...if you wanna have this discussion about the intelligence of games and such make a thread in Randomness... :P

MacWiggy
troll on timeout

Post by MacWiggy » Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:04 pm

NickD, that's awesome. (And you people said nothing good has ever come from flash)

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:15 pm

I couldn't get the first level of Wormy to load, and I wasn't really going for a serious look at it, either, I was still browsing the forums. :roll:

Back on topic:
The first thing I noticed about Lugaru was that it was 3D! :lol:
My rendition of it was a 2D cartoonish sidescroller :?

But it's much better than that! 8)

NickD
Charlotte Brontë

Post by NickD » Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:49 pm

lol yah. I thought i was going to play some crappy a** (like my old wormy game) 2d side-scroller too. It's an awesome game. And whoever thinks that WOW is better than Lugaru, then... :x GRRRRGA!!!!

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:01 pm

Lugaru is probably better than Clan Lord too, but clan lord is probably a bit more actively used by me, because of the changing world, and other players that end up creating different situations.

Right now, however, I tend to play Lugaru more, since nothing interesting is happening in the Lok'groton island chain right now.

NickD
Charlotte Brontë

Post by NickD » Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:21 pm

OMFG I want L2 to be out soon (which it wont) so i can whoop you guys in multiplayer!! I bet I can guess the date that David and his team will be done! uh... 7/9/07 yah, I know... Im phsychic 8) .
-Nick Debergue

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:57 pm

NickD wrote:…yah, I know... Im phsychic 8) .
So am I! :twisted:

Well, sort of.

And I'm psychic, not phsychic. :P