Post Your screenshots of getting flawless.

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
RhinoG

Post Your screenshots of getting flawless.

Post by RhinoG » Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:14 pm

Currently I can't get flawless except on challenges 2 and 9, but they are the only ones I really play much anyway. heh
Level 2 Image
Level 9 Image
Level 3
Some Level i cant remember :?
Last edited by RhinoG on Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

Usagi
Screenshot Superhero

Post by Usagi » Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:00 pm

My favorite levels are 4, 6, 7, 9 & 10. I'm pretty sure I've gotten Flawless on 1 through 10 (well, prolly not 6), but I don't usually take a screen unless there's something interesting about it.
Level 2 Image
Level 4 Image
Level 5 Image
Level 7 Image
Level 9 Image
Level 10 Image

Too bad I didn’t get flawless on this Level 3; I’d have gotten the elusive 7 bonuses.

RhinoG

Post by RhinoG » Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:43 am

Nice job Usagi, especially the last one. How do you get gymnast?

NickD
Charlotte Brontë

Post by NickD » Sat Nov 11, 2006 3:19 am

GASP! I've gotten flawless on only two stages before :? . I cant find out how to reverse a punch. I can reverse everything but that, and that's mostly what the computers do. It's really annoying :x !

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Sat Nov 11, 2006 3:27 am

NickD wrote:GASP! I've gotten flawless on only two stages before :? . I cant find out how to reverse a punch. I can reverse everything but that, and that's mostly what the computers do. It's really annoying :x !
Just as they Punch i think you tap Shift.
youll get the hang of it. i have trouble with kicks.
I know how to do em, just timeing them, Yeesh :roll:

Usagi
Screenshot Superhero

Post by Usagi » Sat Nov 11, 2006 11:06 am

RhinoG wrote:Nice job Usagi, especially the last one. How do you get gymnast?
Thanks. I'm sure others (like Silb, Zip, Noob and Beginner) will be able to post more.

Lots of flips and wall kicks give you Gymnist. Check out the Challenge Level Bonuses page in the Wiki for an explanation of all 15 (same number as the levels, right?).

Then try to collect each one. Gotta get 'em all! Six at once is my best.
NickD wrote:I cant find out how to reverse a punch. I can reverse everything but that, and that's mostly what the computers do. It's really annoying :x !
As Colicedus said, use the crouch key (mine is mapped to E). And he's right, it's all about timing.

When an enemy runs up to you, he (or she in the Wolf Den) will either punch, leg sweep, slice, slash, smash, front kick, double (or U) punch or spin kick. Wolves also have that annoying fast sweep that's hard to stop or reverse. You have to be prepared to reverse, but you got to time it right, and it helps if you know what's coming.

Read the Wiki for more info on techniques and tactics, and use slo-mo for practice. It's cheating if you're going for hi scores or lo times, but it's great for training.

You'll learn to recognize what's coming (the animation is always the same) and how to time your reversal. For a punch, it's actually pretty easy. You'll block and counter-punch, which staggers your attacker, making it easy to follow up with a spin kick from the right rear.

I've found that you can counter a block and counter-punch also, if you're fast enough. All the other reversals also have escapes, which work more or less effectively, depending on the foe, the situation, and your reflexes.

Practicing against the Alpha Dope is good, 'cuz he's fast and strong. You learn a good mixture of blocks, sweeps, reversals, counter-punches and kicks. It takes him about two or three good strikes to kill you, but you'll need 40 to 50 to kill him, so there's plenty of time to practice.

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:26 pm

Usagi wrote: Read the Wiki for more info on techniques and tactics, and use slo-mo for practice. It's cheating if you're going for hi scores or lo times, but it's great for training.
Thanks for the Slowmo Idea... I never thought to do that...

NickD
Charlotte Brontë

Post by NickD » Sat Nov 11, 2006 6:35 pm

I like using slow-mo and pressing H and watching Turner get beaten up by the wolfs, and then pressing Shift-i. :lol: I only do that in the Temple place with the 3 wolfs, though. :D

Usagi
Screenshot Superhero

Post by Usagi » Sat Nov 11, 2006 11:21 pm

Here’s the rest of the Flawless levels up to 10. I’ll leave 11 through 15 to the experts.
Level 1 Image
Level 3 Image
Level 5 Image
Level 6 (I never said Flawles was fast) Image
Level 8 Image

The_Architect
Location: I dont exist, I'm only a figment of your overreactive imagination...

Post by The_Architect » Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:41 pm

I know how to get flawless, 5 ways actually, you can go into map editor mode and kill everybody there, (cheap) or set your speed really high, and keep on tripping you, (2.7 works fine) They rarely counter you, but thats rare, (also cheap) or you can set your power to anything beyond 5 to have instant kill, (also also cheap)Press I or Shift+I(also also super cheap) or you can go into map editor mode, and delete everyone, (also also really super cheap)

I only got flawless on the levels without wolves, They're hard to get instant kill on. I have gotton flawless on level 11, I just kept on reversing and dodging their attacks. (kinda cheap)

RhinoG

Post by RhinoG » Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:14 am

Screenshots?

RhinoG

Post by RhinoG » Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:44 pm

Sorry to double post, but i finally figured out how to do the ninja bonus attack: Jump, and throw while flipping over them. Here's a screenshot.
I got GIMP to work, I cropped my screenie:

Viper I

Post by Viper I » Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:12 pm

Image]

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:18 am

Where's the flawless?

Viper I

Post by Viper I » Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:56 am

BunnyWithStick wrote:Where's the flawless?

You'l see.... MUAHAHAHAHA!!!