Lugaru Grass Texture Attempt #something

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Re: Lugaru Grass Texture Attempt #something

Post by Grayswandir » Fri May 29, 2009 12:50 am

Glabbit wrote:*twists head sideways, and snaps it back with a rattling noise*
I keep telling you, your head only turns a certain amount, if you keep doing that I'm going to have to replace the rubber bands in your neck again.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Fri May 29, 2009 10:46 am

FrozenThunder wrote:Simple. Note the following text.

Tüssler
<---
That was redundant. My point was you seemed to be indicating he had some personal vendetta against you and was out to undermine you exclusively. Your words confused me.

Noz

Post by Noz » Sat May 30, 2009 12:22 pm

I see you added this terrible attempt at modding textures as you're avatar.

Richie Rabbit

Post by Richie Rabbit » Sat May 30, 2009 12:45 pm

His avatar seems fine.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Sun May 31, 2009 7:03 am

I don't see what's wrong with his avatar.

Untadaike

Post by Untadaike » Sun May 31, 2009 11:27 am

You mean FrozenThunder's? That ones cool.

Lotus Wolf

Post by Lotus Wolf » Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:21 pm

Grayswandir wrote:
Glabbit wrote:*twists head sideways, and snaps it back with a rattling noise*
I keep telling you, your head only turns a certain amount, if you keep doing that I'm going to have to replace the rubber bands in your neck again.
Gray, your avatar creeps me out.

Noz

Post by Noz » Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:33 pm

Renegade_Turner wrote:I don't see what's wrong with his avatar.
the fact that each blade of grass is the size of his arm. :lol:

Untadaike

Post by Untadaike » Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:08 pm

Noz wrote:the fact that each blade of grass is the size of his arm. :lol:
That doesn't make it uncool. Just cause an avatar's "unrealistic" doesn't cancel it's awseomeness.
It's not like, Omg! Ren's picture isn't realistic, no-one could be born looking like that face! Shoot him!
lol. :|

Richie Rabbit

Post by Richie Rabbit » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:02 pm

* loads gun *

FrozenThunder
Jailbait

Post by FrozenThunder » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:39 pm

Noz wrote:I see you added this terrible attempt at modding textures as you're avatar.
And who might you be? Someone who apparently thinks they are the top judge of texture quality. Until I see you post a screenshot of your own perfect texture mod that wipes the floor with mine, I'm going to see you as merely another forum troll wanting a good argument.

Also for the record, someone who uses this Image as an avatar, is in no position to be criticizing another members avatar.

Noz wrote:
Oh and considering the small size of the avatar, you can't even judge the grass blades size from it. So nice try.

*On a side note, people like to criticize the textures quite a bit but they look perfectly fine when viewed from higher above the ground, the problem is lugaru's character models are small enough that the camera has to be close to the ground. When a texture in any game is viewed while the camera is too close to it, they become blurry or pixelated and the details end up being too large.

It's actually very hard to make the texture look correct with the way textures are displayed. Anyone who has looked at the way the Grassbox.jpg texture displays in game can see why. Stretching textures out to cover too large of a distance will always result in a lower quality looking texture when added to the game. And yes I know the Grassbox texture isn't that great of a texture but it looks worse when applied to a very large object that you are standing on.
Untadaike wrote:
That doesn't make it uncool. Just cause an avatar's "unrealistic" doesn't cancel it's awseomeness.
It's not like, Omg! Ren's picture isn't realistic, no-one could be born looking like that face! Shoot him!
I love how Noz thinks it's unrealistic for grass to ever be longer than a rabbits legs or arms when a real rabbit is actually very small. Also considering that non-mowed wild-grass can grow out of control into very huge blades just shows his stupidity.

I take it that this guy also thinks a ninja rabbit that walks upright weilding swords, daggers, and staves is realistic too? :lol:
Last edited by FrozenThunder on Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:38 am, edited 3 times in total.

Richie Rabbit

Post by Richie Rabbit » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:00 am

O__o My pet rabbit would look cool in that.

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:42 am

FrozenThunder wrote:*editinated for succinctness*
Complete and total pwn. wouldn't have expected anything less from as old a member as yourself hahahah, anyway I use those mods don't see what's wrong with them, but I'd love to see an ms paint noz version.

Lotus Wolf

Post by Lotus Wolf » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:48 pm

Did you order Original Recipe or Extra Crispy?

Stromboli

Post by Stromboli » Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:22 am

FrozenThunder wrote:
Noz wrote:I see you added this terrible attempt at modding textures as you're avatar.
And who might you be? Someone who apparently thinks they are the top judge of texture quality. Until I see you post a screenshot of your own perfect texture mod that wipes the floor with mine, I'm going to see you as merely another forum troll wanting a good argument.

Also for the record, someone who uses this Image as an avatar, is in no position to be criticizing another members avatar.

Noz wrote:
Oh and considering the small size of the avatar, you can't even judge the grass blades size from it. So nice try.

*On a side note, people like to criticize the textures quite a bit but they look perfectly fine when viewed from higher above the ground, the problem is lugaru's character models are small enough that the camera has to be close to the ground. When a texture in any game is viewed while the camera is too close to it, they become blurry or pixelated and the details end up being too large.

It's actually very hard to make the texture look correct with the way textures are displayed. Anyone who has looked at the way the Grassbox.jpg texture displays in game can see why. Stretching textures out to cover too large of a distance will always result in a lower quality looking texture when added to the game. And yes I know the Grassbox texture isn't that great of a texture but it looks worse when applied to a very large object that you are standing on.
Untadaike wrote:
I love how Noz thinks it's unrealistic for grass to ever be longer than a rabbits legs or arms when a real rabbit is actually very small. Also considering that non-mowed wild-grass can grow out of control into very huge blades just shows his stupidity.

I take it that this guy also thinks a ninja rabbit that walks upright weilding swords, daggers, and staves is realistic too? :lol:
Quite an angry post.

Also, he is entirely right in what he's saying, because the size of the grass looks very strange when it is 2D. Longbladed grass simply looks BAD when flattened like this, and instead looks out of scale. If we were dealing with vertical sprites that actually appeared 3D, then obviously it would make sense.

And it's ironic to hear you rant about his stupidity. Instead you just seem immature and rather shallow.