Questions about Lugaru 2

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
Luposian

Lugaru 2 music...

Post by Luposian » Sun Aug 20, 2006 2:37 am

David/Jeff...

Did either of you listen to my MIDI's, dedicated to Lugaru? If not, I suggest you do. It would be a great honor to attempt some music for the game. All I ask, if you're interested, is to contact me at my Email address on the website. I'll do the music for free. I can't guarantee anything, but... at the very least, you'll have something you can work with, with someone else who is better than me.

As a side note, I'd be interested in having some details as to the types of enemies (animals, no doubt) Turner will be facing, as well as where the story picks up at... is it directly after the end of Lugaru or months/years later? Does he have a new family or...?

This assumes any of this is allowed to be public knowledge...

Sage

Post by Sage » Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:37 am

As for the music we already had somebody that asked but David already has people working on the msuic, sorry. (The sad part is I know people will ruin that by just playing heavy metal in the background.. uuuhhgggnnn)

I'd like to see enemies as well, and maybe a wolf or 2 that isn't out to kill you? Like the outcast/nice dood.

Squirrels... Always comes back to squirrels >:) (but they'd be friendly so bah. Why? Cause it saddens me to beat the crap out of them. Bunnies I can live with because........ because!)

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:41 pm

I doubt the story would start right after the end of Lugaru 1

Sage

Post by Sage » Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:00 pm

Yeah, maybe Turner moved to a new island after some sort of uprising? The new island could be much bigger than the old one :P

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:15 am

Or it could be much smaller :P
Or there could be multiple islands?

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:01 am

Well Lugaru had ended in such a way, that it basically created an open-ended cliff hangar. I mean damn, maybe the Alpha wolf came back, perhaps Turner ditched his island for somewhere else, maybe he found a new village and got a new life and family there, his search for purpose could have led him down the lone ranger path, completing odd jobs and acting as a super hero. You know, whatever it is, it would fit to Lugaru's storyline.

Oh and multiple islands are always cool (friggen rafts man, everybody wants a boat), and I think a 'nice guy' enemy would be cool too (they had a single nice guy raider in the original game, it would be cool if there were more chances of that happening).

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:20 am

Yeah, but that nice guy was more than a "Shaking-in-boots" guy, and yep, multiple islands are always cool, unless the whole game revolves around it in which case there's just a whole lot of crappy islands with just one village on each

Sage

Post by Sage » Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:29 am

BunnyWithStick wrote:Yeah, but that nice guy was more than a "Shaking-in-boots" guy, and yep, multiple islands are always cool, unless the whole game revolves around it in which case there's just a whole lot of crappy islands with just one village on each
Maybe there's a wolf that thinks that killing everything is not a way of life and has decided to make a life of his own that doesn't involve mindless killing... that's what I meant. Those one or two evil guys that have bigger brains than the others.

Crill3
Indecisive titler

Post by Crill3 » Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:20 am

Yeah, a few friendly wolves would be cool.

zatoichi

Post by zatoichi » Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:02 pm

while I agree freindly wolves would be cool, they do have to eat. maybe more like wolves that don't immediately try to kill you.

Sage

Post by Sage » Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:55 pm

zatoichi wrote:while I agree freindly wolves would be cool, they do have to eat. maybe more like wolves that don't immediately try to kill you.
They can go eat lizards or something... or other nonsentient beings.

Luposian

Wolves who eat things...

Post by Luposian » Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:17 pm

No, no... no! The wolves in Lugaru 2 must eat BUGS! You know... and live out the whole "Hakuna Matata" no worries lifestyle! In fact Turner is so pissed off by this crazy change of diet, he turns feral and eats meat and drinks the blood of his enemies! Yeah!!! :-D

Luposian

Ultimatum479
Meh. Inadequate.

Post by Ultimatum479 » Sun Aug 27, 2006 2:50 pm

Wow. Luposian ought to write the storyline for Lugaru 2.

SuitDude

Post by SuitDude » Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:48 pm

Will I be able to jumpkick in Lugaru 2?

Also, in Lugaru 1, if you kick a downed enemy and he is lifted a few feet in the air, you aren't able to perform additional attacks on him even if you get the timing and positioning right (I assume this is because the enemy has ragdolled). Will things like this be changed in the next game?

Can you give a brief description of what the physics will be like?

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:37 am

they will be OMFG thats better than a blond with two legs!