Changing background music

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
Jeff
Evil Twin

Post by Jeff » Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:06 pm

It's worth a try. I can't imagine how Lugaru could affect the system.

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Post by rudel_ic » Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:08 pm

Well, I have both Audacity and LAME installed and frequently use it; not on a Mac, but both on Windows and Linux. Maybe your problem is more related to the way the Mac handles codecs, dunno. Reinstalling the default Mac mp3 codec might help.

Audacity is normally not changing anything serious. It is just an interface for changing audio. You have to install codecs separately though, that's what may have destroyed everything.

Sorry, it wasn't my intention to destroy your computer.

Next time, first think about what you're doing. If you don't know what you're doing, don't do it. Read all information material. That'll prevent such accidents.

You can't sue anyone for this, read the agreement you signed when you installed the software.

But you can use your Macintosh support to bring your audio stuff back on default ground. I suggest that.

»StaffShock«

Post by »StaffShock« » Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:34 pm

Great, deleting everything didn't do a thing. Myabe restarting will... This doesn't make any sense. I don't see how LAMElib or Audacity could destroy a good chunk of my sound, especially on a mac. At least you guys are more help than I'd get at some of the other forums I've joined. Thanks, I guess.

EDIT: YES! Restarting worked! Lamelib was messing everything up. I'll never trust them again. :P

Jack

Post by Jack » Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:42 pm

What did you do exactly StaffShock? I've deleted Audacity, Lugaru and LameLib, plus all related preferences, restarted, and it still doesn't work...

EDIT: ok, with help from another place and a little fiddling, I found that setting the audio output rate to 44 MHz in "Audio MIDI Setup" (Applications/Utility/Audio MIDI Setup) fixes the problem.

However, I swear all I did was replace Data/Sounds/music3.mp3 with another Audacity-exported 22 MHz mp3. You guys better be careful with editing Lugaru music.

»StaffShock«

Post by »StaffShock« » Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:38 am

Huh. I'll check out audio MIDI setup...

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Post by rudel_ic » Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:10 pm

Macs are weird.

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:38 am

Yes, I agree
But, I'm not trying that on my PC... just in case :P
Hey that could be some thing to change for Lugaru 2. Make the sound files alot easier to swap out, making every game, YOUR game. Heh, imagine people creating the craziest battle songs from their Itunes or music bank (Peanut Butter Jelly Time every time you get in a fight). :lol:

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Post by rudel_ic » Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:55 am

Neat idea. In a multiplayer battle, the one who sets up the server also decides the music set and all clients get the same music (provided it's a client-server-architecture we're looking forward to). Another way to transfer files, yay.

Eric
Support Ninja Master

Post by Eric » Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:35 pm

umm that would cause copyright issues. Say the chosen music is a copyrighted song that I don't own, it would be illegal for me to use it. I know that it isn't anything unusual for people to break this tye of copyright law, but I don't think itis a good idea for David to have an easy way to break copyright laws in the game. Maybe the game could have some sound pack options that you could decide between, but not playing ANY music.

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Post by rudel_ic » Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:46 pm

Programming software that can be used to break laws is not a problem at all. You can kill people with spoons, you know..

Eric
Support Ninja Master

Post by Eric » Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:09 pm

I didn't say it would be illegal for David to write that into the game, I said it wouldn't be a good idea.

zip
lugaruguru

Post by zip » Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:20 pm

And if the server operator wants everyone to listen to Backstreet Boys?
Sounds like a very bad idea :P

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Post by rudel_ic » Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:42 pm

I like the idea.. But it's not really something that makes the difference between buying and not buying.

You don't like BSB? Everybody loves BSB :wink:

Fama

Post by Fama » Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:00 pm

Maybe a bit offtopic, but anyway.

I don't exactly remember when, but Lugaru now has no sounds. I don't think I've installed anything that has anything to do with lame, but Lugaru stopped having sounds a while ago. It really didn't bug me that much, and I only recently tried reinstalling to get the sounds back. But it didn't help.

What could I do? I'm running Windows 98 (and no, I'm not gonna upgrade to XP).