How to: Kill Wolves

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
champrjk

eh

Post by champrjk » Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:23 pm

I'd also like to add that Your movie isnt exactly stealth. Stealth on wolves is more like sneaking up on them and doing a spinecrusher. Jumping around and running off and flipping over them to slit their neck isnt exactly stealth.

Sage

Post by Sage » Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:40 pm

I think what he meant by "stealth" was you do the move you do when you "stealth" kill them. Works excellent with a sword, but then again, I've never tried it (except on bunnies), and I'm still playing on the easiest setting >_>

champrjk

eh

Post by champrjk » Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:59 am

oh i see now. ok. You should try it on insane. Its not that hard. Personally I have never played it on anyting but insane. when i first got the game i started on insane and have stuck with it since. I have to admit though it took me quite a lot of time to master lugaru. I have however seen my little brother play on easist and its rather way to easy. the wolves dont run on all fours and you can take a huge beating before you die. also you get a map. :I

Sage

Re: eh

Post by Sage » Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:43 am

champrjk wrote:oh i see now. ok. You should try it on insane. Its not that hard. Personally I have never played it on anyting but insane. when i first got the game i started on insane and have stuck with it since. I have to admit though it took me quite a lot of time to master lugaru. I have however seen my little brother play on easist and its rather way to easy. the wolves dont run on all fours and you can take a huge beating before you die. also you get a map. :I
I'm too use to playing FPS where you can just headshot/shotgun people a couple times behind cover. In this you're face to face with them, and I'm not very good at that at all. Killing wolves for me is hard enough as is without launching dead bodies at them. I've only managed to spinecrush them once, and I haven't even attempted the tracheometry(SP?) thingamabob on them.

I think i';d get owned pretty quickly, but once I get back from New York (which will be August 1) I'll try it. I don't have time before the train leaves.

champrjk

Post by champrjk » Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:01 pm

Haha i hear ya. Although you have to admit that this game is pretty realistic in the terms of fighting and taking on damage. theres no health bar and you can get beaten senseless easy enough. but if you wait a while it goes down. Also you can bleed to death which i find cool but annoying. One time i got ripped up by a wolf real bad and i finally killed him then i was running to the next rabbit to fight and i suddenly just flopped over dead. haha. I also like how they wake up from being knocked out. Wich can be tiresome at times awsell. It's real hard to spincrush a wolf mostly because they can smell you before you get close enough. You kinda gotta croutch close then run up to them and do it. Down wind of course.

»StaffShock«

Post by »StaffShock« » Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:41 pm

champrjk wrote:I also like how they wake up from being knocked out.
Woah, woah, woah! They can wake up? Are you sure? Because one time I wanted to see if that happened, so I changed the slomo speed to 100 and waited for a bit in slomo next to a knocked out guy, and he never woke up.

champrjk

eh

Post by champrjk » Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:57 am

oh yes they wake up. But it takes a really really long time. There is no fear of having them wake up on you while your playing unless you take about forty minutes to beat a map.

Nayr
wicked bad-ass title

Post by Nayr » Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:35 am

if anything, I'd like them to wake up in about five minutes. It's not that hard to kill them, so if you don't, you should be punished :D

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:16 am

Exactly, Nayr. And I'm pretty sure it's been proven they don't wake up at all.

»StaffShock«

Post by »StaffShock« » Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:30 pm

Renegade_Turner wrote:Exactly, Nayr. And I'm pretty sure it's been proven they don't wake up at all.
Yeah. But they should wake up quickly. That should, no, HAS to happen in Lugaru 2. Even if it means kicking a body around for a minute just to kill it.

I made slomo 1000 and went into a game, then activated it when I was next to a knocked out guy. I don't know why, but after a long enough time, the slomo stopped, and the guy was still out cold. Go figure...

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:16 pm

I enjoy torturing wolves...so I carry a stick and beat them in the ass...repeatedly. Then I take funny pictures and spread them on the internet.
No really, has anyone noticed how the stick seems to work really well against wolves? As long as you time it right you can take on two wolves at once...

Sartan

Post by Sartan » Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:30 am

Wolves? Hell, the staff works really well against everyone.

Black Viper II

Post by Black Viper II » Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:08 am

.... I cant see anything on the movie it says "UNREGISTERED VERSION OF SNAPZ PRO'' you should get fraps or something

Crill3
Indecisive titler

Post by Crill3 » Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:10 pm

There is no FRAPS for Mac (which sucks).

Valo

Post by Valo » Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:44 pm

I just started playing Lugaru yesterday but I watched the video about 4 times and now I can kill wolves without almost dieing :P