How to: Kill Wolves

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Post by rudel_ic » Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:48 pm

Maybe it isn't exotic in your world, although the standard was defined in 1998, I have only seen like 4 files of maybe a few thousand in the last 6 years that were MPEG4-encoded. For several reasons, I guess.. One may be that...
MPEG-4 is patented proprietary technology. This means that, although the software to create and play back MPEG-4 videos may be readily available, a licence is needed to use it legally. Patents covering MPEG-4 are claimed by over two dozen companies. There is no simple way to license MPEG-4, but the MPEG Licensing Authority can license patents required for MPEG-4 visual techniques from a wide range of companies (audio is licensed separately). A one stop shop is currently not possible; this article claims that AT&T is suing companies such as Apple over alleged MPEG-4 patent infringement. This AT&T action against Apple illustrates that it is hard to know which companies have patents covering MPEG-4.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MPEG4

(Sorry for being off-topic again...)

»StaffShock«

Post by »StaffShock« » Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:52 pm

Not really, but I hadn't heard of it until last year.

For some reason, though, the quality died when I imported it into iMovie to crop it. After I had taken out about half of the movie and saved it at max quality, the final file was a whopping, 7 megabytes. This is incredible when you consider that the full recording was 498 megabytes! Talk about big loosers... I wish iMovie gave you more freedom. I tried saving it with custom settings and the quality was just as bad, but it weighed in at 987 megabytes!

:o Rudel you posted while I was typing!:p

toshiro

Post by toshiro » Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:14 am

Hm... for some reason, I don't like the flip&cut throat. Maybe it's because I can't pull it off. Personally, I either beat them to death, or use the "ninja throw and rip knife out after knocking it down" move. I never got the hang of using corpse cannons, either... it always takes me too long to set it up.

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Post by rudel_ic » Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:40 pm

I always beat wolves to death in face2face-battles (boring) or use leg cannons from behind and stab them while they're on the ground (fun).

And when they get annoying, I press I and SKABOOM blood everywhere :D

Kamamura

Post by Kamamura » Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:02 am

That big notice UNREGISTERED VERSION OF SNAPZ PRO makes the movie unviewable though.

Homocidal Ham

Post by Homocidal Ham » Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:56 pm

in my opinion it best if you knock them down a then rabbit kick them while they are getting up

this requires LOTS of practice (try it on bunnies first)

what you do is get tham nere a wall, tree, or high ledge and knock them down (try not to hit them to far away)

while they are still getting up (they have to be high enough up to kick but to low to counter) bunnie kick them into the wall, tree, or high ledge

it will usually kill them

if it dosn't, do it 1-3 more times and they will die

the_master_bunny

Post by the_master_bunny » Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:19 am

»StaffShock« wrote:Sorry about that, I edited my first post. You need to jump from a distance, still downwind.
how to make and post screenshots???? :?

Fama

Post by Fama » Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:17 am

Could someone post a video of how to spinecrush (or otherwise kill the wolves) in challenge 14 on insane? It's just impossible (for me) to beat them in honest brawl. I tried running from a wolf to a higher ground & leg cannoning the wolves down, killed 2 but the third didn't die. If I try to spinecrush them, they notice me when I'm ~2 meters behind them, in air... And yes, I'm coming from downwind. I have absolutely no idea how to do this. I've finished everything else, just not challenge 14.

Eric
Support Ninja Master

Post by Eric » Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:12 am

Challenge 14 is a bitch...I still can't beat in on Insane. Silb should be able to provide a good video though.

Silb
Master cartographer

Post by Silb » Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:02 am

Here you go.

If they spot you early, you probably don't have enough speed, so-
-crouch+jump (more time to gain speed).
-hold forward during the last part (more speed).

Eric
Support Ninja Master

Post by Eric » Sat Apr 29, 2006 2:58 pm

Silb, can I want to have your babies. That was a great video, now for me to replicate that :D ... see you in 2 months....

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Sat Apr 29, 2006 8:29 pm

Oh jeeze you did that one pretty quick didn't you? Man I would love to do an eight on one (8 vs. 1) match vs. Silb. He'd still probably manage to spinecrush each one of us anyways, damn that's skills. David could set the the difficulty so freaken high, Silb could still beat it with one hand behind his back (I dunno, Silb looks like he's packing 12 fingers already...), that is amazing.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:59 pm

I must say Silb is a lot more skilled in the game than I am. Fair play.

Nuky
Plutonium Handler

Post by Nuky » Sun Apr 30, 2006 2:45 pm

Renegade_Turner wrote:I must say Silb is a lot more skilled in the game than I am. Fair play.
Take in mind Silb is a hacker. He hack the game :P

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Sun Apr 30, 2006 3:07 pm

I hate people who call themselves hackers. I just hate them.