bob wrote:For clarity I decided to make some step by step directions. They are as simple as I think they need to/can be.
To Start up Lugaru Temple:
1) Create /Backupcampaign within your Lugaru folder (the folder name doesn't really matter)
2) Backup /Data/Campaigns/main.txt to /Backupcampaign
3) Backup /Data/Textures/World.png to /Backupcampaign
4) Backup /Data/Textures/Lugaru.png to /Backupcampaign
5) Copy the contents of the "This goes into Campaigns" folder to /Data/Campaigns/
6) Copy the contents of the "This goes into Maps" folder to /Data/Maps/
7) Copy the contents of the "This goes into Textures" folder to /Data/Textures/
Enjoy "Lugaru: Temple"
To switch between "Lugaru: The Rabbit's Foot" and "Lugaru: Temple":
1) switch /Data/Campaigns/main.txt and /Backupcampaign/main.txt
2) switch /Data/Textures/World.png and /Backupcampaign/World.png
3) switch /Data/Textures/Lugaru.png and /Backupcampaign/Lugaru.png
4) Enjoy your new campaign selection
Edit:Damn graphical smileys accidently appearing. Although that one came up in an okay place.
Jack wrote:(I'm actually Silb. See the edit at the end of the post for an explanation.)
Introducing...ReadMe.txt wrote: Welcome to Lugaru's unofficial expansion pack. Unofficial, but free
It includes 31 maps, 85 rabbits and 15 wolves on the receiving side, plus 4 different player characters. All this wrapped up in a large campaign, complete with scenario and dialogues.
Sven is Turner's twin brother (or maybe just a cousin, he was never very clear on this). He's been training in the desert (see my previous map pack) to become the new master of his Temple. He has just come back.
The story starts right in the heat of things, and what's happening is only implied by the dialogues, not flat out explained. But you'll figure out very quickly. The scenario is really simple and just a frame for the levels.
Last thing, don't be too upset if there are small glitches. The level editor is unsupported and reliably crashes when you stare at it the wrong way.
WARNING: PG-13 rating. About 100 violent deaths on screen. (Also, a relative of the main character used the word "bastard".)
(And thanks to David for hosting!)
Some screenshots (you can also watch all of them in one place, if you've got broadband):
All new levels-
Lots of fighting-
Little explanatory note: I gathered most of the maps I've created over the last six months and wrapped them in some scenario. I intented to post this before leaving, but was short on time. I've found some really helpful editing tricks, which I'll explain if someone else does a serious attempt at a campaign.
Oh, and I found a limited web access. I'll be able to pop up from time to time.
EDIT: Damn, I posted this on my alternate account (I popped up once a couple weeks ago due to troubles with Lugaru sound, but didn't use my regular account because I didn't want to explain that I wasn't back and not going to read other posts. I didn't realize I'd be consequently logged as Jack and not Silb when returning to the forums. Well, so much for my bright ideas.)
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest