A New Campaign!

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:13 pm

BunnyWithStick wrote:Not necessarily… Though it could mean he's used a crack in the past, or what you suggested.

IMO I bet he'd already have done that instead of asking here if he had plans for that.
No no...he said, "use a crack." which means he's going to plant his crack on the screen when it asks for a registration code and see what happens...besides a stress fart.

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:04 am

If his real name is Stubbs, whatever you do, get the hell away from him if you think he's gonna fart. Stress fart or otherwise.

3lemental

Post by 3lemental » Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:36 am

i want to buy it, but am broke at the moment - thats y i was looking at this campaign so i had something to play until i have the money to buy the original but nope, cant do that obviously

thanks for the wonderful assertations about my personal character though, nice reputation we new zeaanders eem to have in sweden aye? or is just on this forum?

Think before you write next time.

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:04 am

Another kiwi here? Geeze, this forum attracts heaps of us! :P

Personally, I agree that such a subtle thing as wording could cause an accusation like that…

Also, did you just turn this into a racism argument? :?

Crill3
Indecisive titler

Post by Crill3 » Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:35 am

I didn't mean to accuse you, I just noted that software pirates tend
to say "registered version".

Sorry :cry:

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:07 am

God dammit Crill3, do not use the Cry Tactical Advantage (CTA) on me! :P

3lemental

Post by 3lemental » Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:17 pm

yeah sorry bout the spaz back threre - was a bit messed up yesterday. no offence takeen if none given?

Crill3
Indecisive titler

Post by Crill3 » Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:47 pm

No, really, it was my fault.

Welcome to the Wolfire forums :)

3lemental

Post by 3lemental » Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:53 am

Thanks. Am loving Lugaru - thats how i found this forum. Was playing lugaru on a friends computer then decided to download it and i ended up here..

absoftofo

Post by absoftofo » Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:23 pm

i recently downloaded the new campaign, but cant get past the first level. after talking to shan the game will quit to the level select map every couple of seconds, keeping me from going anywhere.

the campaign mode also breaks completely once i quit the game. if i try to continue a campaign, the black screen with "loading..." appears briefly, i hear the “hawk” sound and the “heavyimpact” sound, and then the game quits to my desktop.

i tried replacing the original lugaru files, and those work fine, but with the new files in place the continues to be broken. i was exited to try the new one, so any help would be much appreciated!

Ultimatum479
Meh. Inadequate.

Post by Ultimatum479 » Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:54 pm

Are you trying the new campaign with the unregistered version of Lugaru or something?

invertin

Post by invertin » Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:40 am

If it was unregistered the first level wouldn't work at all..

Tell me exactly how you installed it.

absoftofo

Post by absoftofo » Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:30 am

no, i bought the registered version.

First i downloaded the files from the first post on this tread. at the begining i didn't read the directions in the readme, and just dragged the entire "this goes to textures" folder into my textures folder. I also did this with maps and campaigns. Then i realized my mistake and removed those folders, after seeing bobs handy step by step instructions.

So i made a backup folder, backed up the original main.txt, the original world.png, and the original lugaru.png. Next, i copied the contents of the new folders into the old ones, as per the instructions.

The "Lugaru temple" design showed when i opened the game, so i made a new user, but the campaign wouldn't work, the red dot to start the campaign showed up directly above the top left corner of the map. Turned out i have frogotten to delete the extra "this goes to textures" from my textures folder. But after fixing that, the campaign still wouldn't work, and i got the problems i described earlier. So i switched out the new main.txt, world.png, and lugaru.pngs with the old ones. The old campaign still works perfectly, but the new one continues to break every time i try it.

I hope this isn't to detailed, and thanks for your help!

invertin

Post by invertin » Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:06 pm

Ah. I remember someone saying something about that.

Where the dot was in the corner of the map, I can't remember who or why though.

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:05 pm

Yeah, so do I.

This shouldn't be happening though, seeing as that appears to be a problem with the main.txt file, not your computer or anything… Maybe that info was wrong?

P.S: The dot is apparently there in the top left corner because the coordinates for the levels are different to what they normally are. At least that's what caused it when the problem was discovered.