A New Campaign!

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
Stulo

Post by Stulo » Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:30 pm

That download is'nt working for me. I don't know wants wrong, but could someone get it fixed please?

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Post by rudel_ic » Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:07 pm

Fama

Post by Fama » Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:24 am

Very nice campaign, thanks! I (also) noticed the wall-flipping in the last map, and did it twice ;)

Had really no problems (well, played it on easy, was easy :D ), but I didn't notice any sneaking missions... Just killed everyone. Oh well.

Oh, and alpha wolf was fun, although I just sweeped him and beat him with the staff, breaking the staff while doing it. Also nice how some enemies could take a lot of damage.

ablationer

Post by ablationer » Sun May 07, 2006 10:40 am

Very impressive , I would say better than the original ! I like the way you made the buildings , mostly the ones in the desert , and how it looks like that the sand have been droped here by the wind or something , that looks pretty good :o

I like the way you made that each character has his missions , and how you jump from one to another , that makes different that to not have always the same rabbit with the same goal , that put some logic in all those fights :wink:

the only level that I hated , was the one with the snowed ruins , with 3 wolved stuck together , that one was a bit too hard , it was harder that the alpha wolf itself :?

well , really good job.

Eric
Support Ninja Master

Post by Eric » Sun May 07, 2006 7:08 pm

yeah that was most definetly the hardest level. very fun though

the aikido turner

Re: A New Campaign!

Post by the aikido turner » Thu May 11, 2006 8:21 am

Silb wrote:
Jack wrote:EDIT: Damn, I posted this on my alternate account (I popped up once a couple weeks ago due to troubles with Lugaru sound, but didn't use my regular account because I didn't want to explain that I wasn't back and not going to read other posts. I didn't realize I'd be consequently logged as Jack and not Silb when returning to the forums. Well, so much for my bright ideas.)
You moron.
silb im bulgarian you wrote "bulgarian here ist emercency" to the_master_bunny im the master bunny but my name is not the same

GreenAlge

Post by GreenAlge » Mon May 15, 2006 1:02 am

Finally decided to download the campaign the other day, and I must say it's most excellent :D Very nice work.

_Nik

guitarplyr0289

New Campaign

Post by guitarplyr0289 » Thu May 25, 2006 11:23 pm

Dude, this new camapign rocks!!! I downloaded it a month or so ago, and was absolutely blown away! Couldn't believe the time you put into it. Very nice. Keep it up man!!

NickD

Post by NickD » Mon May 29, 2006 10:47 pm

I dont know if this is happening to anyone else... but this campaign is not working!!!!!! :evil: I've been trying and trying to get it to work, but the text in the main menu is all red blocks, and when I start campaign mode it quits! Is it because I'm on a Mac or something?? WHAT THE.... HECK?! Nooooooooooooooo! :( I really wanted to play this campaign too. Please get back to me... :cry:

I'll go hide in my corner now,
-Nick D. :x

Silb
Master cartographer

Post by Silb » Mon May 29, 2006 11:23 pm

Taking a wild guess, I'd say you replaced the Data/Textures folder with the textures included in the campaign instead of adding them to it. That'd probably explain the 'red blocks' menus.

Otherwise make sure that you installed the campaign properly- I can't think of any other way it would modify the menus whatsoever. Here are Bob's ste-by-step instructions (start with a fresh copy of Lugaru):
bob wrote:For clarity I decided to make some step by step directions. They are as simple as I think they need to/can be.

To Start up Lugaru Temple:
1) Create /Backupcampaign within your Lugaru folder (the folder name doesn't really matter)
2) Backup /Data/Campaigns/main.txt to /Backupcampaign
3) Backup /Data/Textures/World.png to /Backupcampaign
4) Backup /Data/Textures/Lugaru.png to /Backupcampaign
5) Copy the contents of the "This goes into Campaigns" folder to /Data/Campaigns/
6) Copy the contents of the "This goes into Maps" folder to /Data/Maps/
7) Copy the contents of the "This goes into Textures" folder to /Data/Textures/
8) Enjoy "Lugaru: Temple"

To switch between "Lugaru: The Rabbit's Foot" and "Lugaru: Temple":
1) switch /Data/Campaigns/main.txt and /Backupcampaign/main.txt
2) switch /Data/Textures/World.png and /Backupcampaign/World.png
3) switch /Data/Textures/Lugaru.png and /Backupcampaign/Lugaru.png
4) Enjoy your new campaign selection

Edit:Damn graphical smileys accidently appearing. Although that one came up in an okay place.

NickD

Post by NickD » Tue May 30, 2006 6:58 pm

Thanx! that fixed everything! :D
-Nick D. :mrgreen:

Plague

Post by Plague » Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:59 am

Excellent campaign man! I'm not finished with it yet. I just got the game two days ago, beat the original, and while looking for something new found this.
It's very well done, and the maps are very good considering you made them with the (very awkward) map editor. Good job :)

breakthebarrier

Post by breakthebarrier » Sat Jun 17, 2006 11:00 pm

talk about temple of the air

edit: why is my avatar outrageously huge?

Nuky
Plutonium Handler

Post by Nuky » Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:32 am

Well, hello there, Susan. :P

breakthebarrier

Post by breakthebarrier » Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:37 am

'lo