Alternate textures for rabbits and armor

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
erazorhead

Alternate textures for rabbits and armor

Post by erazorhead » Mon May 15, 2006 1:11 am

Hi all. If you don't know me, I did most of the original texture work on Lugaru 1. Nice to meet ya.

I've really enjoyed discovering everyone's work on new assets - from the t-shirt project to Silb's amazing Temple Campaign. Amazing work guys, this has got to be the most talented fan base of any game ever :D

So here's a couple more textures I've whipped together for you guys.

1: Longhaired Rabbits
> Download Longhaired Rabbit Textures Here

As I mentioned in this thread, I originally meant for these to be the primary texture for the rabbits in the game. David preferred another version of the fur texture, one that I'd sent earlier. So the game shipped with the earlier one. But now you can download the ones I would have chosen :wink:

Here's a side-by-side comparison:

2: Replacement Leather Armor
> Download Leather Armor Textures Here

To be honest, I never loved the leather armor that ended up in the game - I wish I'd had time to help David out with that one before the game "shipped". If I'd done the leather armor it probably would have been more like this.

Here's a side-by-side comparison:

Aaaand both textures in-game:
the "do not f--- with me" look

Anyways hope you guys enjoy them. Feel free to use them however you see fit, and let me know what you think.

Silb
Master cartographer

Post by Silb » Mon May 15, 2006 4:16 am

Congrats on your work for Lugaru :)

Cool, a texture where Turner doesn't have such large alien eyes. Breaks the continuity with Blackshades' sunglasses, though. :P

Seriously. I like the new texture, but I think it's too contrasted and jumps too readily from brown to black. Still a great job, just saying I like your own original work better so far :)

erazorhead

Post by erazorhead » Mon May 15, 2006 12:53 pm

Thanks for the feedback Silb. Side-by-side you can see a lot of time went into the face and head. I always thought the fur in the older texture was too uniform, like a rug; hence the varying levels of high contrast. But to each his own, of course :wink: -- feel free to paste the new head on the old body

Did you try the new leather armor?

Silb
Master cartographer

Post by Silb » Mon May 15, 2006 11:42 pm

I agree the new head looks really good, it's impressive. All that can be said for the old face is it had a sort of joyful spazzy look that did fit strangely well with how clueless Turner acts at the beginning of the campaign :P

The details in the head and armor stand out in the dialogues. It's even a little strange considering how simple the setting of Lugaru is otherwise (couple boxes, crude trees, low-poly ground, flat sky).

I keep thinking the fur texture itself doesn't look specifically like fur, though :P

Vib Rib
Lugaru da Vinci

Post by Vib Rib » Tue May 16, 2006 12:13 am

Silb wrote:All that can be said for the old face is it had a sort of joyful spazzy look that did fit strangely well with how clueless Turner acts at the beginning of the campaign :P

Silb
Master cartographer

Post by Silb » Tue May 16, 2006 10:16 am

XD you should really make that campaign of yours, at least the dialogues.

And yes, Turner is to fighting what Forrest Gump is to table tennis.

Nuky
Plutonium Handler

Post by Nuky » Thu May 18, 2006 10:37 am

Haha, you guys :lol:

So far, so good looking :)

*tries new texture*