MrJackal22's Survival Guide

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
MrJackal22

MrJackal22's Survival Guide

Post by MrJackal22 » Sun May 15, 2011 2:30 pm

Hello, my name is MrJackal22. I figured I would introduce myself to these forums with a little list of helpful tips and adages that will help you during your Lugaru gameplay.

The Rules of Survival
1.) When in doubt, run away! You may find your vision blurring, and your blood going were it shouldn't be. The best thing to do in this situation is run away! Swallow your pride and run to the hills. Given substantial distance between the enemy and yourself, you will be able to recover, rethink and redeem yourself.
2.) A wolf plus anything is a dangerous situation. Wolves are strong, fast and ruthless. Their claws are like knives, their arms like staffs. The best way to deal with wolves when other enemies are around them is to use logic and draw them away, picking them off one by one. If you accidentally attract more than intended, don't be afraid to use rule number one!
3.) Prioritize and think ahead! Never rush into battle without a plan. Have a reasonable means of escape and a list of priorities. Take out the tougher targets first, one at a time. Then you can rush in and take on the unarmed rabbits with little risk. Also, before attacking multiple rabbits, think about what other enemies one of them could run away and bring back with them. If possible, take out those targets beforehand.
4.) Protect your weaponry! Your enemy isn't afraid to pick up that shiny sword of yours! Luckily, he can't get it while it's on your hip. If they are unarmed, keep it that way!
5.) Stealth before strength. Time is not a vital factor, but your health is! If possible, use stealth to dispatch your targets, and follow up with strength. It is far more difficult to sneak around after your enemy has taken a foot to the face!
6.) If at first you don't succeed, try, try again! We all have our bad days. Don't give up! Take a break, and try again. You'll get it eventually!
7.) Don't fear the flip! Flipping in midair is a very good tactic, especially when battling heavy hitters. Your enemy will hesitate or cower in fear when you flip during a jump, giving you ample time to finish them off. This requires some skill in timing your jumps, and a failed maneuver can be fatal.

I hope you guys find this useful!
Last edited by MrJackal22 on Tue May 17, 2011 2:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Krabman318

Re: MrJackal22's Survival Guide

Post by Krabman318 » Mon May 16, 2011 11:41 am

Well, several people have made threads asking for help, but as far as I know, there hasn´t been a gameplay guide before, so I might aswell add a seventh rule:

7.)Flip in midair! Everytime you flip near enemies, they get confused for a short amount of time, which is incredibly helpful.
While flipping, you can press Q to throw knives,
and only confused enemies can be wall-kicked, stabbed in the back, and get their throat cut.
(Flipping while holding a knife will cause them to roll away, so you´ll have to flip with the knife on your belt, then quickly take it out and slit their throat.)

MrJackal22

Post by MrJackal22 » Mon May 16, 2011 2:34 pm

Oh yeah, that's a good one too! Mind if I put it into the original post?

Krabman318

Post by Krabman318 » Tue May 17, 2011 7:03 am

MrJackal22 wrote:Oh yeah, that's a good one too! Mind if I put it into the original post?
Feel free to do so.

MrJackal22

Post by MrJackal22 » Tue May 17, 2011 2:48 pm

Thanks! I might change up the extra fluff, but I'll keep the general idea.

Lotus Wolf

Post by Lotus Wolf » Tue May 17, 2011 6:53 pm

BTW, running away on Insane mode isn't usually that great of an idea.

MrJackal22

Post by MrJackal22 » Tue May 17, 2011 8:39 pm

Yeah, especially with wolves chasing after you at the speed of sound. Good grief, now I remember why I don't play on insane...

Devil-X-Treme

Post by Devil-X-Treme » Mon May 30, 2011 3:56 am

I beat lugaru on insane :mrgreen:

And yes, i did have map mode on :shock:

MrJackal22

Post by MrJackal22 » Tue May 31, 2011 3:33 pm

Gawsh, I wish I had skill...