Weirdest bug yet

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
»StaffShock«

Weirdest bug yet

Post by »StaffShock« » Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:16 am

I'd like to see someone try to replicate this one. My new map for the campaign, where you'll be playing as a fox, (one of many) has the oddest bug I've ever seen. I'll make a couple of enemies with some waypoints, save the map under a random name, then re-open it within the same 10-second interval. Sometimes my spawn point will have changed depending on where I was standing, and it always seems to default to the same place if it changes. The waypoints are also messed up, though the location of the enemy usually doesn't change. The waypoints also appear to change the same way every time. Here are some pictures:
Before
And After
Silb will probably have some instant answer for this, :wink: but I'm posting it because I've never seen it before.

Silb
Master cartographer

Re: Weirdest bug yet

Post by Silb » Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:27 am

»StaffShock« wrote:Silb will probably have some instant answer for this, :wink: but I'm posting it because I've never seen it before.
Sorry, I don't have a fix for this-
That bug popped up in the "West Pass" map of Temple, but it was too rare and innocuous to warrant investigation.

The same glitch also caused two pillars I built to randomly spawn at either of two slightly different locations every time the map was loaded (said pillars were deleted and rebuilt in the final version, after sadly having to admit that there was no viable gameplay application).

Can't wait to play as a fox. :)

¡PH34R!

Post by ¡PH34R! » Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:09 pm

thats a pretty odd bug i havnt encountered it yet.... but do u intendto put ur campaign on wiki or post it here?

Nuky
Plutonium Handler

Re: Weirdest bug yet

Post by Nuky » Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:09 pm

Silb wrote:
»StaffShock« wrote:Silb will probably have some instant answer for this, :wink: but I'm posting it because I've never seen it before.
Sorry, I don't have a fix for this-
That bug popped up in the "West Pass" map of Temple, but it was too rare and innocuous to warrant investigation.

The same glitch also caused two pillars I built to randomly spawn at either of two slightly different locations every time the map was loaded (said pillars were deleted and rebuilt in the final version, after sadly having to admit that there was no viable gameplay application).

Can't wait to play as a fox. :)

Oooo, Lugaru supports dynamic maps? XD

»StaffShock«

Post by »StaffShock« » Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:38 pm

Woah, I just noticed something weird, the box in the first picture has moved in the second, and that bush keeps respawning when I delete it. Man this is so annoying!

But I have an idea... I'm gonna check your West Pass map, Silb, to see if it was built on the same place on the square map that I did, maybe that could be the problem.

Eric
Support Ninja Master

Post by Eric » Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:40 pm

¡PH34R! wrote:thats a pretty odd bug i havnt encountered it yet.... but do u intendto put ur campaign on wiki or post it here?
When it is done I am sure »StaffShock« will post his capaign both on the wiki and the forums. It is still in development though, as should be clear by this thread especially.

Silb
Master cartographer

Post by Silb » Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:14 am

»StaffShock« wrote:Woah, I just noticed something weird, the box in the first picture has moved in the second, and that bush keeps respawning when I delete it. Man this is so annoying!
This bush bug happens most of the time on any map, sadly.

Beware creating a bush. It's undead.