Lugaru HD Linux

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
cachiporrin
Froot Loop!!!

Lugaru HD Linux

Post by cachiporrin » Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:28 pm

Hi everyone.
I'm currently trying linux for the first time. I'm using _Ubuntu 11.04.
I wanted to ask you how to install lugaru since I already googled how to install .bin files several times and it hasn't worked.
EDIT: Somehow I managed to install it, but now I did more questions come to my mind. I was trying to enable the debug mode but when I try to modify the config.txt file it just won't let me make any changes
any idea how can I change it?
Thanks

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Re: Lugaru HD Linux

Post by rudel_ic » Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:51 pm

It should be in $HOME/.lugaru/

.lugaru is a hidden folder.

johndh

Post by johndh » Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:36 pm

Just a guess, but if you're trying to modify a file and it won't let you save any changes, then you're probably in the wrong directory. It's a little inconvenient to edit files outside of your home directory because of permissions, which is actually a good thing in many ways because it preserves the integrity and security of your system, but it can be very frustrating for new users until they get used to it. This is why games typically put configuration files inside your home directory in hidden folders, along with allowing each user to have their own settings. Also, files and folders that have a period (.) as the first character in their name are hidden by default in your file browser (presumably Nautilus in your case). In your file browser, View > Hidden Files, or Ctrl H. Or navigate there in a terminal if you're comfortable with that. :wink:

cachiporrin
Froot Loop!!!

Post by cachiporrin » Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:18 pm

Thank you guys a lot!