Lugaru Console Question (Mac)

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
Kastle

Lugaru Console Question (Mac)

Post by Kastle » Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:49 am

Okay, so I've been trying for hours to get the config.txt to actually affect the game settings! I can delete everything in the txt file and the game still works. Whatever I do in the file is completely ignored during gameplay and even when I check Options in the game. What am I doing wrong? I tried changing the type of text file it is, and that still didn't work. Plain text doesn't work. I have searched my computer for other config.txt files and I've only found one that doesn't work and isn't needed at all.
I am running Lugaru on Mac Os X 10.5.8.

Another piece of information: The only way I can access the Lugaru data files is to actually right-click the lugaru game and select "show package contents". Maybe that may affect this? =/

Count Roland

Re: Lugaru Console Question (Mac)

Post by Count Roland » Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:53 am

try checking your application support file for lugaru and changing the config there instead of in the actual game package.

Kastle

Post by Kastle » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:04 am

Count Roland wrote:try checking your application support file for lugaru and changing the config there instead of in the actual game package.
That won't work because Lugaru isn't in the application support file. It's just on the desktop.

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:17 am

ah well, I suppose you could always just do a search for the config.txt or for the Data folder, though that is a bit puzzling, I'm sure other people could be more helpful to you in regards to troubleshooting as I never played lugaru on any more modern macs.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:27 am

Kastle wrote:
Count Roland wrote:try checking your application support file for lugaru and changing the config there instead of in the actual game package.
That won't work because Lugaru isn't in the application support file. It's just on the desktop.
The config.txt file you are looking for is located at ~/Library/Application Support/Lugaru/Data/config.txt (~ = your home folder) - By default, a search won't look inside that directory, which is why it isn't showing up when searching.

Kastle

Post by Kastle » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:15 pm

ariehl wrote: The config.txt file you are looking for is located at ~/Library/Application Support/Lugaru/Data/config.txt (~ = your home folder) - By default, a search won't look inside that directory, which is why it isn't showing up when searching.
It's not there. I manually tried that too and there is no Lugaru folder isn't inside the Application Support file. =P

Kastle

Post by Kastle » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:20 pm

Kastle wrote:
ariehl wrote: The config.txt file you are looking for is located at ~/Library/Application Support/Lugaru/Data/config.txt (~ = your home folder) - By default, a search won't look inside that directory, which is why it isn't showing up when searching.
It's not there. I manually tried that too and there is no Lugaru folder isn't inside the Application Support file. =P
Nevermind, I found it.

Thanks a million! =D

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:22 pm

Kastle wrote:
Kastle wrote:
Nevermind, I found it.

Thanks a million! =D

Lucky you... I was just finishing writing another, more direct, response... :p

Glad you found it :)

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:01 am

and I feel vindicated now! knew I gave the right answer!