Steam Engine

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
MacWiggy
troll on timeout

Post by MacWiggy » Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:05 am

Tiny text is stupid and useless. Just use parentheses. Besides, if a game-hungry PC user sees LU2 in a box, they'd think they're buying a generic Windows game, (Which they tend to be drawn to :D ) when they're really buying some Mac awesomeness.
Lugaru 2 will be on PC won't it?

pyros soul

Post by pyros soul » Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:42 am

now how did YOU get out of the cage?

Err.....never mind.

Lugaru costing 40 bucks will be good if in a box, then other people will buy it.

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:42 pm

Yeah it's for pc, in fact I think it's being programmed for windows first. Which mean somebody like Jeff is going to have to compile(?) it to mac later... I think.

Jeff
Evil Twin

Post by Jeff » Sun Aug 06, 2006 2:34 pm

Do what I do; copy and paste into the address bar, it's perfectly readable there
You can also hold control and use your mousewheel to zoom into the page, or hit control-plus to do the same.

MacWiggy
troll on timeout

Post by MacWiggy » Sun Aug 06, 2006 3:48 pm

"now how did YOU get out of the cage?"

I switched cages when you weren't looking. See, they didn't block my account, they just blocked my IP Adress or something, so I can't acess the website from the server at my house. Right now I'm using my friends computer.

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Sun Aug 06, 2006 4:03 pm

Ha ha ha, on a time-out, that's funny.
macwiggy wrote:I switched cages when you weren't looking. See, they didn't block my account, they just blocked my IP Adress or something, so I can't acess the website from the server at my house. Right now I'm using my friends computer.
Heh heh, or you could like, you know, answer your E-mail perhaps?

Oh and to make this post a bit more on-topic... This is about the UI though.
parsap wrote:The final theme of course is going to be something that behaves exactly the same but looks different. I like your idea of rabbits leaning against windows and such, but David and I are probably going to go for a more "serious" UI that is more appropriate for the WolfireNET feature which includes chat rooms, a gameranger style multiplayer interface, a way to purchase extra content, a way to load third party mods, and so on.

The UI in the game will be totally different though, you aren't going to see "modern" windows when you initiate a chat with an NPC or look at your inventory. The UI engine will be the same, however, just a different theme and window properties.
Yeah pretty interesting. purchasing extra content, server matching utilities, 3rd party mods... kinda like steam (except all I know is that steam only deals out mods and other 3rd party games)

pyros soul

Post by pyros soul » Sun Aug 06, 2006 6:00 pm

@ Macwiggy:u COULD just change the IP on your server......u know......be smart.......

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:11 pm

Viking Zippy wrote:Do what I do; copy and paste into the address bar, it's perfectly readable there :D
That's exactly what I have been doing.

And MacWiggy seems strangely determined to retain the right to posting on these forums. I find that slightly strange.

Nayr
wicked bad-ass title

Post by Nayr » Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:42 pm

I'l be happy to compile on mac... I have the skills, even if David probably won't trust me with it :)

Madd the Sane

Post by Madd the Sane » Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:23 pm

I'm just going to wonder how quickly someone is going to do a mod of the original Lugaru and put it up.

I'm looking forward to this game! I know this has probably been asked, but how long before L2 is done?

Sage

Post by Sage » Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:17 pm

I'm not sure but I think they said it was going to be done fall 2007 or something.

I love mods, I hope L2 is very moddable. Can't wait to see the crazy crap that people make (or dread looking at them sometimes)

If this gamesd a huge hit in stores (I think David said he's publishing it or something) then the forum will probably get hundreds of new members and he'll ahve to make it bigger or something...

zip
lugaruguru

Post by zip » Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:16 pm

Hundreds? :p
But yeah.. a few sub-sections would be nice if we get that many people.

Sage

Post by Sage » Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:34 pm

You have to account for the 75% that post new threads in the General section saying "Buy this for bigger penis!"

MacWiggy
troll on timeout

Post by MacWiggy » Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:14 pm

Oh god no. I would have to beat myself in the face with ebola.

P.S. Sage: they said it was spring 2007.

Fournine
.hacker

Post by Fournine » Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:00 pm

All I know is that I'll utilize the method that would give David the most money, which would be the online distribution method.
However, I must also agree that there is some tactile pleasure in having the box there. 'specially to show off to my friends in the dorm.