What's your favorite way to kill?

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
Usagi
Screenshot Superhero

Post by Usagi » Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:14 am

Here's a gif of T mouse-jumping to the top of the ruins.

It's less dangerous to scale a wall, 'cuz T always grabs the top edge if you keep him pressed against the wall using W. Then you won't shoot into the stratosphere.

The Rocky Hall is a great place to practice MJ; if you overshoot, you just bump the ceiling, and you don't get high enough to rag-doll yourself to death. Plus it makes it easier to get to some of the hidden areas.

Once you master it, you can ignore this warning.

Usagi
Screenshot Superhero

Post by Usagi » Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:18 pm

I think this is a topic that should not die, since it's about killing, and that would be like double-death, or death squared, or something.

So, bump and double post be damned: here's how I kill 'em at the Raider Camp.

I like this level 'cuz it's all knife work. Sometimes 3 Trachs and a Bullesye, but I really prefer 4 Bulls.

The sitter and walker get a chance (tho slight) 'cuz I run up behind and let 'em turn.
The sleepers get no mercy.

So, Slice and Bull! Slice and Bull!
Double Bull Surprise! On to the Sentries!

I love to sling knives.

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:39 pm

Same here.

However, MouseJump has never managed to shoot me into the stratosphere, let alone up to the top of the ruins.

This is because A: I have a laptop and use a trackpad (It makes it better for FPS games, too)

And B: If I used a mouse, it'd be very unreliable, since if you move them above a certain speed they'll just jump around completely randomly.

I've managed to do it a few times, but never any higher than a bit higher than half the way up the training area wall.

Usagi
Screenshot Superhero

Post by Usagi » Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:06 pm

I used to play on my laptop with the trackpad (I decided I prefer a mouse) and I was able to MJ by flicking my fingertip across the pad, almost like I was flicking a crumb off the surface. Had to be careful about Strato-Jump, tho.

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:03 am

Usagi, that shouldn't have worked, as fingernails do not trigger trackpad sensors, period.

Also, if you mean flicking the mouse upward, then I've tried that. (By mouse, I mean cursor.)

NickD
Charlotte Brontë

Post by NickD » Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:55 am

:P Well, you know what usagi means. I use a trackpad, and I find it easier than a mouse, but we all have our oppinions on strategies :wink: . I used to use a Nyko PC Controller, but it broke cause I tripped on it and stepped on it and stuff like that. so it broke after a while :P . I just switched back to the keyboard and trackpad. You should still try out the Nyko Airflow, though. It's pretty fun to use :D

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:57 am

bunnywithstick wrote:Usagi, that shouldn't have worked, as [fingertips] do not trigger trackpad sensors, period.

Also, if you mean flicking the mouse upward, then I've tried that. (By mouse, I mean cursor.)
HEATHEN

everyone knows that you can perform a hundred meter mouse jump by flicking the mouse upwards. You must have tried it in a... heathen, sort of way...

HEATHEN

NickD
Charlotte Brontë

Post by NickD » Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:00 am

WTF is up with all of the HEATHEN-ness? ...heathen...

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:10 am

Yes, I've tried it, and I said fingernails, not fingertips, I got the impression he meant:
Usagi wrote:…almost like I was flicking a crumb off the surface.

NickD
Charlotte Brontë

Post by NickD » Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:18 am

I think he just STARTED on his fingernail and ended up using his fingertip which triggered the jump :P

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:59 am

That'd be pretty hard to do…

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:34 am

Another way is to make a quick, wide, sweeping arc with your mouse, so that it goes flying off the table and takes your laptop along with it, sending Turner flying through the air at odd angles as you watch the computer crash to the floor...this of course, is a one time use only and a desperation move. :P
You could also try throwing your mouse at the screen in the hopes that a giant, flying, plastic object that's the same size as Turner will make him do what you want.

Usagi
Screenshot Superhero

Post by Usagi » Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:46 pm

Yah, I meant the tip of the finger, not the nail.

Set your trackpad scroll speed to the highest setting, don't press down too hard on the pad, and don't try to flick too hard or too fast. Speed doesn't seem to be the key, just the correct motion.

Might be easier with the side of your thumb, or by keeping your finger bent and moving your arm or wrist.

Takes some practice, but it ain't impossible to master. No harder than some of T's other techniques, really.

And it's much easier to MJ in slo-mo; in super-slo-mo, it's almost impossible not to MJ. If you do it in SSM, you might as well end the level, 'cuz you ain't never comin' down.

It's kinda fun to do it, tho: hit H, then C, then repeatedly press F and watch T fly off in bursts of bright flame and puffs of smoke. In fact, if you get into the stratosphere, it’s the only way to tell if you’re actually moving anymore.

You move fast, too: even in SSM, the smoke and flames peel off like you were astride a rocket.

Image Image Image

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:53 pm

If you did that the fingernail would get in the way…

Which direction do you move your finger in?

Either way, I can't try it out, as I'm waiting for either David or Jeff to assist me with my now de-registered copy of Lugaru due to reinstalling my Data folder in case it would help with my fire problem.

Usagi
Screenshot Superhero

Post by Usagi » Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:05 pm

BunnyWithStick wrote:If you did that the fingernail would get in the way…
Trim your nails, dude! Image
BunnyWithStick wrote:Which direction do you move your finger in?
Up; the same direction you jump.
BunnyWithStick wrote:Either way, I can't try it out, as I'm waiting for either David or Jeff to assist me with my now de-registered copy of Lugaru due to reinstalling my Data folder in case it would help with my fire problem.
Can’t you download another copy and register it to get a new data file? I’ve done that 5 or 6 times. (Or did you lose your number…)
NickD wrote:then you start trying to master the "Ninja Bonus" (If you dont know what it is, I wont tell you, cause I'm trying to make a gif of it before Usagi... It's really hard, though) :D .
Well, I've waited for your NJB, but it looks like it's never gonna get here, so here are a few I did this afternoon.

Image Image Image Image Bet that last guy thought i was goin' for the one in front.