few problems

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
ablationer

few problems

Post by ablationer » Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:22 pm

ok so i noticed that i can't change the wolf's skin with O , is there a way to do it except having his skin under .png and make it as clothes ?

another thing is that for a random reason when i try to put inferior to 1 stats to enemies (like 0.9) to power protection or size , a strange thing happen , when i hit them , they blow off in a blood explosion , and when they hit me , the screen keeps getting darker and darker until it's completly black , and i have to reload the map ...

last thing is that when i spawn a dead bunny , i can throw my knife at it , and surprise ! It raises up from the death ! And if i try to kill him , he's like 5 times harder to kill than an ordinary bunny , i slashed him at lot of times with my sword and he was still alive ...

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:21 pm

Those aren't called "Problems" they're called "Cool Glitches"!

And doesn't shift-o toggle between bunny/wolf or something?

Sage

Re: few problems

Post by Sage » Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:28 am

ablationer wrote:another thing is that for a random reason when i try to put inferior to 1 stats to enemies (like 0.9) to power protection or size , a strange thing happen , when i hit them , they blow off in a blood explosion , and when they hit me , the screen keeps getting darker and darker until it's completly black , and i have to reload the map ...
I had this same problem.

When I set protection to 1 and spawned a bunny, hitting them will cause them to explode and send blood globs all over the map. I could never figure it out untill I looked at the wiki.

Protection needs 3 numbers. 1 for "high" one for "middle" and one for "low" (I don't know what that means but it might have something to do with head, chest, and feet.)

So it would be

Code: Select all

Protection 0.9 0.9 0.9
instead of Protection 0.9

Also, he means after he makes the wolf he can't change the skin...

ablationer

Post by ablationer » Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:44 pm

actually it happens with power and size too , wich only require 1 number ...

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:14 pm

I think that high, middle, and low are resistances to high amounts of damage, medium amounts of damage, and low amounts of damage, but your idea would fit into the fact that in general, it hurts more when you hit someone on the head than on the toe, though from the sound that results, the toe might hurt more :wink:

And I know that he's trying to change the skin of a wolf after it's created, I was just pointing out that I seem to associate O or something similar with toggling between bunny and wolf

MacWiggy
troll on timeout

Post by MacWiggy » Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:58 pm

I have a problem where ominous orange fog appears at random places on the map. (Or is this supposed to happen)

Sage

Post by Sage » Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:07 pm

DHS in console repeatedly (5 times will work for all maps I know of, but 1 or 2 would work)

ablationer

Post by ablationer » Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:27 am

it seems that , when I try to change my stats , and then spawn enemies that have the same stats , it works right , the main problem is when I do it with the near suffix (powenear) to assign it to the enemy after it is spawned ...

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:39 pm

The orange cloud indicates a hotspot, standing within the cloud will trigger the hotspot, and I'm pretty sure that it only appears in map editing mode, and not at all times as long as debug is on, so unless you're creating a new map using that map as a template, don't use dhs if you want to play it exactly as it was meant to be played :wink:

ablationer

Post by ablationer » Sat Aug 12, 2006 3:33 pm

hey i just noticed that powernear don't work , so how am I supposed to change wolves' power ? since stats are predefined when you change rabbit for a wolf ...