A few questions about map editing

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
ColdWinter

A few questions about map editing

Post by ColdWinter » Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:26 am

I have a few problems with the map editor on Windows:

1. I want to change the player's skin, so I type "white" into the command. It changes but when I save and load the level again, it's back to brown. Somehow it works with npcs I create but doesn't with the player. Is it a bug or am I doing something wrong?

2. A dialogue problem. I type "dialogue 1 dia" into the command (I have a dialogue file named "dia.txt" in the "Dialogues" folder). The game should turn on the dialogue editing mode, but instead the camera turns to a certain side and nothing else happens. I have also tried the Dedit program, but it's too hard to use and you can't control the characters' heads. Is this because I use Windows?

Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT:
Ok, I've got the dialogue mode working. It appears that you cannot leave any spaces where they're not supposed to be (format must be exactly as in Example.txt). However, it's still not working properly. Regardless of what you write into the file, it will always have 7 phrases with no text or names. Now I'm sure I've got the file set correctly, what's the problem?

Re: A few questions about map editing

Post by 29222908 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:06 am

[quote="ColdWinter"]I have a few problems with the map editor on Windows:

1. I want to change the player's skin, so I type "white" into the command. It changes but when I save and load the level again, it's back to brown. Somehow it works with npcs I create but doesn't with the player. Is it a bug or am I doing something wrong?

i have the same problem, i also cant seem to change wolf skins