Mods for Noobs

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
blackflm715

Mods for Noobs

Post by blackflm715 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:41 am

Hey, umm...

I've downloaded a couple of mods in anticipation, but there's one major thing i forgot...i don't know how to use mods :). Anyway, can someone post step-by-step instructions on how to use them?

Thx :D,
Blackflm715

Count Roland

Re: Mods for Noobs

Post by Count Roland » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:15 am

Well you have to have the full version of lugaru in order to do it, but I'm assuming you have that so here's an attempt at a step by step list.
1.open lugaru folder*
2.find data folder**
3.make backup data folder
4.Copy files from mods into non-backup data folder. make sure not to replace any folders, so for example, if in your mod folder you have a folder that says textures, copy the contents of that folder into the textures folder in your non-backup data folder, do the same for other folders of similar names.
5. open the game and play.

*Location may vary but on windows it should be in program files, possibly inside of a wolfire folder, and on macs it may have to be the one in application support.
**Data folder may not show up in lugaru folder on some computers, you may have to command+click the lugaru application and do show contents before you find it.
Keep in mind that the above notes may be unnecessary and if you have any more problems feel free to ask back.

blackflm715

Post by blackflm715 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:15 am

open lugaru folder

Ummmmm, thanks but i don't have a Lugaru folder, maybe it's because i'm on a mac or something, but yeaaaaa. If this helps @ all, i downloaded it as an app from the app store. Anyway, i dont have a folder under Lugaru or Wolfire or anything of the like. I only have the folder from the mod that i downloaded. :)

Thx,
Blackflm715

Egan

Post by Egan » Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:51 am

Try right clicking the app and look for "show package contents".

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:14 am

Yeah what the guy above me said. Though I'd assume you could've taken this bit of advice into account if that's the case, I did state it for the data folder rather than generalizing it to be about the lugaru folder too.
Count Roland wrote:**Data folder may not show up in lugaru folder on some computers, you may have to command+click the lugaru application and do show contents before you find it.
in any case, hopefully something helps, also it might be control click, I don't remember.