Invertins 6 combat styles

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:25 pm

Sweet... Good for him. I have a lot to learn from him...

invertin

Post by invertin » Wed Nov 22, 2006 4:02 pm

I know I shouldn't be reviving but... 1 L1|<3 70! (Excuse my french :P)
I have some extra's, which can go with almost any style but are good additions (they are like grayswandir's suggestions)
Avalanche
An Avalanche user is someone who bashes their opponent terribly and furiously even after the grave. Many Avalache users are either crazy or really don't like raiders and wolves. Does not mix with plant
Firestorm(fire) Tidal wave(water) Hurricane(wind) Rockslide(earth) Overload(lightning)
"Brutal"

Flake
A flake user is a pacifist, and only fights for suvival, instead of rabbit kicks and rounhouse kicks, they will only lightly punch their opponents and leave them as they are after the reaper arrives. does not work with
lightning
Spark(fire) Bubble(water) Breeze(wind) Pebble(earth) Rose(plant)
Merciful

Sticker
A sticker user is someone who follows their enemy to the bitter end, stickers will often find themselves in sticky (Pun not intended) situations because of enemies going to get help. Does not work with water or plant
Flaming fur(fire) Headwind(wind) Dirt(earth) Charge(lightning)
Suicidal

Murderer
A murderer kills there enemies quickly and efficiently. Murderers rarely get into danger and kill enemies in one fight and in one quick go.Does not work with plant
Blaze(fire) Flood(water) Storm(wind) Boulder(earth) Strike(lightning) Vines (plant)
Take no prisoners[/u]

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:24 pm

IMO, thanks for reviving the thread! :D

invertin

Post by invertin » Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:12 pm

I have made another new thingy.

Demon
If you are a demon you use one element and that element only, for instance, if i was an earth demon, because plant style is reversing that means I never reverse.

God
If you are a god then you are a perfect balance of all the styles, you use them when appropriate and make sure you keep them in balance instea of using one of them more or less than the others.

Spirit
A spirit is someone who mixes 2 styles to make one
Boiling water (Fire+water)
Hot air (Fire+Wind)
Rain (Water+Wind)
Beach (Earth+Water)
Charged water (Lightning+Water)
Tree (Plant+Water)
Storm (Air+Water)

Edit1: Added storm
Edit2: I forgot to mention that I added storm
Last edited by invertin on Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:18 am, edited 3 times in total.

invertin

Post by invertin » Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:31 pm

Edit^

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:09 pm

A revision on my style:

My style would be Storm, a mixture of air and water. I didn't realise what water was for a while, but I'm definitely Storm.

Also, why is it that one has to use a single style to be a master of that style? Technically, mixtures of styles can become styles in themselves, so I'd be a Storm Master. Besides the fact I'm not exactly a master, though it still hurts when someone sneaks up behind you and throws a knife into your spine.

The_Spelunker

Post by The_Spelunker » Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:58 pm

First, I'm evenly balanced between wind and water styles.

Second, this should be added to multiplayer!

Here's a good idea:
This is for multiplayer.
An rpg-based system lets you choose one style at first before spawning in.
When you level up, you are allowed to choose one more style that adds to the first one chosen. In the end, you will be able to choose all styles at maximum level, and the similarities in certain styles will stack (the strength increase of fire and earth styles will add to each other for even more strength, this is stacking)

Other styles:
Capoeira
Muay Thai
Kenpo
Red Warrior
S.C.A.R.S.
S.A.F.T.A.
Hurricane Combat Arts
Kenpo
Judo
Aikido
Jujutsu
Ninjutsu
Vale Tudo

Real martial arts are the best styles! No special abilities except for your own skill. The rest is up to the way of fighting. My favorites are Capoeira, Judo, and Aikido.

invertin

Post by invertin » Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:30 am

BunnyWithStick wrote:A revision on my style:

My style would be Storm, a mixture of air and water. I didn't realise what water was for a while, but I'm definitely Storm.

Also, why is it that one has to use a single style to be a master of that style? Technically, mixtures of styles can become styles in themselves, so I'd be a Storm Master. Besides the fact I'm not exactly a master, though it still hurts when someone sneaks up behind you and throws a knife into your spine.
It is just a title I made up, Master shows that you are devoted to that one style. Unfortuanatly that often means you have to miss a good hit to stay with your style. Mixing 2 styles, as I said above, is a spirit so you are a Storm Spirit. And about the RPG Idea, my styles and titles are just to show off with. Also I am officially a fire master, which means I'm only aloud to play certain levels if I want to keep it up.

Viper I

Post by Viper I » Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:15 pm

The_Spelunker wrote:First, I'm evenly balanced between wind and water styles.

Second, this should be added to multiplayer!

Here's a good idea:
This is for multiplayer.
An rpg-based system lets you choose one style at first before spawning in.
When you level up, you are allowed to choose one more style that adds to the first one chosen. In the end, you will be able to choose all styles at maximum level, and the similarities in certain styles will stack (the strength increase of fire and earth styles will add to each other for even more strength, this is stacking)

Other styles:
Capoeira
Muay Thai
Kenpo
Red Warrior
S.C.A.R.S.
S.A.F.T.A.
Hurricane Combat Arts
Kenpo
Judo
Aikido
Jujutsu
Ninjutsu
Vale Tudo

Real martial arts are the best styles! No special abilities except for your own skill. The rest is up to the way of fighting. My favorites are Capoeira, Judo, and Aikido.

Isint Muay Thai some kind of noodles or something?

lugaruperson

Post by lugaruperson » Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:24 pm

You could choose what style you want at the profile creation, and then let it unwind from there.

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala » Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:35 pm

Grayswandir wrote:Gloating Miscreant
If it's there, you'll use it. You have no qualms about kick people while they're down or knifing someone as they're getting up. You'll challenge someone to a fight only to kick them in the face as they try to climb up to your position. You'll use every glitch and dirty move you know to defeat the enemy. If the enemy ends up killing themselves, all the better.
Also, by extension:

Miscreant with a propeller beanie: Will use every limitation and imbalance in the game code. Starts somersaulting happily every time an enemy gets two reversals in a row. Will somersault like crazy right on top of cliff edges, and loves watching the wolves trying to charge him fall. Backstabs aware enemies.
Gymnast, of course, since wallkicks and somersaults pwn the AI.
Last edited by Ari Rahikkala on Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ultimatum479
Meh. Inadequate.

Post by Ultimatum479 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:11 pm

Wow, Ari's made a grand total of 3 posts since Oct of last year? :P

The Artist of Death
"Creasy's art is death. He's about to paint his masterpiece." -Rayburn, in Man on Fire

The Artist of Death makes life extremely difficult for himself. His task requires more skill than those of killers and artists combined. A mere killer is content to slay his target; the artist must make the slaying a thing of tactical, combative, and aesthetic beauty. An average artist creates a work of art which his viewers can analyze for minutes, hours, days, weeks in order to fully appreciate it; the Artist of Death has no audience but those victims who become a part of his violent works of art, and thus his message must be clear enough that they can instantly understand the beauty of his work in the milliseconds before they no longer understand anything at all.

The artist uses whatever materials are at hand to paint his masterpiece, and thus skillful use of all sorts of terrain -- even the gentlest slope or the most insignificant breeze -- as well as talent with all weapons is an important part of his chosen art form. Still, an artist's skill is often necessary to compensate for less-than-optimal materials, so the Artist of Death must be sufficiently skilled in hand-to-hand combat in unfavorable terrain as well. The killing must be artistic; thus, to fulfill the former requirement, he must be so superior to his opponents in skill that, locked in mortal combat against foes who are fighting desperately to survive, he can not only emerge victorious but look good while so doing. The scene must remain aesthetically pleasing after the atist has long gone, so an Artist of Death will often be seen frantically rearranging and mutilating the corpses to enhance the composition of the setting from all angles, in the last remaining seconds between the time when the last victim has become the last addition to the art and the time when the artist is mystically transported to the site of his next masterpiece.

"Brutal" is thus a frequent observation about such artists, and "Take no prisoners" is of course a perpetual necessity. "One with the shadows" or "Escape artist" is common praise for the Artist of Death. "Flawless" should be a given the vast majority of the time, since the artist's skills are simply so superior to those of his foes.

ChazFox
XD

Post by ChazFox » Mon May 07, 2007 8:47 am

I do my best to be a wind style, but more often than not it goes pear shaped, so I'd end up doing water style if I'm in a pinch. That'd make me a Rain spirit then.

No "Heart" style in the list? you know...

Earth... Fire... Wind... Water... Heart! GO PLANET :D

On topic though, heart style would probably be like this:

Heart Style

You are not the ruthless killer everyone makes you out to be. You still have a heart like most people. You only defend yourself against your enemies, while making sure they will live to fight another day.

Merciful
Last edited by ChazFox on Mon May 07, 2007 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

invertin

Post by invertin » Mon May 07, 2007 8:56 am

AAAHH! *Shoots heart*

Ultimatum479
Meh. Inadequate.

Post by Ultimatum479 » Mon May 07, 2007 3:19 pm

Someone who _doesn't_ kill everyone he sees? Exact opposite of mine, then.

Pacifist versus killer. Wonder who'd win that... :P